i'm after a new guitar, is BC RICH a good make? the mockingbird model to be exact has caught my eye, what do you reckon?
i got one, its good. wouldnt advise one with a floys rose, its just annoys me..but thats just my opinion. i recommend the exotic mockingbird:
http://www.bcrich.com/mockingbird_exotic_classic.html
yeah BC Rich is a good make, but for the love of god....whatever you do, DO NOT buy the bronze series mockingbird, biggest mistake of my life!
Quote by Chordzzz
BC Rich isn't the best quality stuff. You can find better.

You are wrong.

Would like a word with you.
Just got myself a Mockingbird Masterpiece and it's pretty damn good.
Quote by Johnthewrench
You are wrong.

Would like a word with you.

Ahhh, damn you. Now I'm drooling all over my keyboard, you twat.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
They make some awesome guitars. Just stay away from their low-end models. The Mockingbird ST is particularly awesome.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
They have to be my fav looking guitars with all the crazy shapes (Y), I think also slash used a mockingbird live on a VR tour so they must be quite good .
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
I own the Mockingbird Calibre Classic by BCRich, and have never found such an excellent playing guitar for that price range The pickups are very good too. They are hand made in the Czech republic
WAIT! BC Rich's are GREAT guitars BUT! Only if you get a old American Made one.. And those are very pricey especially the Mocking Birds. I thought about getting a old USA Mocking Bird but I didn't because I couldn't find the EXACT one that I wanted.

But the new Korea made ones are CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP! You will have them in the shop more than you will be playing them. But if you get a good USA made one then you will have a AMAZING guitar.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/BCRichHandmade_Mockingbird_Deluxe_Koa_NaturalOilFinish_MZ024.html

Their LIST price is $3,600.00

But the Sale Price is $2,700.00

So they are quite pricey BUT they are SO SO SO worth it.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by Benguitar2
WAIT! BC Rich's are GREAT guitars BUT! Only if you get a old American Made one.. And those are very pricey especially the Mocking Birds. I thought about getting a old USA Mocking Bird but I didn't because I couldn't find the EXACT one that I wanted.

But the new Korea made ones are CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP! You will have them in the shop more than you will be playing them. But if you get a good USA made one then you will have a AMAZING guitar.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/BCRichHandmade_Mockingbird_Deluxe_Koa_NaturalOilFinish_MZ024.html

Their LIST price is $3,600.00

But the Sale Price is $2,700.00

So they are quite pricey BUT they are SO SO SO worth it.

Wow, I've never seen someone be so wrong...
I disagree, the BC Rich Calibre Classic is fantastic and I own a few custom Jackson/ESP's to compare it to. It is indeed not Korean made but certainly not USA made
USA made is overrated....
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by 3lusiv3
Wow, I've never seen someone be so wrong...

Agreed, here we go again...
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
personally the ones i tried int he uk make good kindling but thats it, BC Bi*ch...of sorry BC Riches if play ones that are worth alot they can be good but its very shakey really as thier workmanship isnt consistant like the ones in that picture sadly
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
**** what everyone seas about Bc,Rich being crap.Usually people who say that never played nothing but the crap bronze series or just never played one and like to talk just cuz they hear that BC Rich sucks.
They would not be around for so long and used by so many guitar players if they "sucked".
The bronze is not as bad as everyone thinks. It is solid, if you take care of it and don't fling it around and treat it like crap. The sound is not bad at all, especially with the right amp and pedal.
Quote by Platinum Pro
get a Platinum Pro Warlock thats what i have and they sound like a beast! plus they got the floyd rose which is awesome also

AGREED!!!!

LOVE mine, don`t know what the hell people are saying about BC Rich, i`ve owned BC Rich guitars for 4 years now, never had ANY of the problems people say about them

the new ST Mocking bird makes me even want a Mocking bird.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
**** what everyone seas about Bc,Rich being crap.Usually people who say that never played nothing but the crap bronze series or just never played one and like to talk just cuz they hear that BC Rich sucks.
They would not be around for so long and used by so many guitar players if they "sucked".

they generally dont make good guitars dude i have played over 100 of them thats top end right down to the lower end models and they generally have some really bad models dude, i dont think they have many good models they are just afew one offs really in my own view
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
It's almost as if the ability to properly capitalize and punctuate had some bearing upon credibility!
I have a room full of B.C. Rich guitars, and love each and every one of them to varying degrees.
Dude.
Last edited by Johnthewrench at Apr 17, 2008,
All I know is that the newer B.C. Rich Assassins come with an OFR for around 500 bucks. I don't know about you, but that is a deal.......
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?