well. Since I have no where to try one out I'm gonna ask UG.

I play mostly classic rock and Blues with some 80s metal and some contemperary christian.

I want a good High gain sound But I MUST have a good blues and Classic rock sound. so tell me what its like
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
nope I don't ever play anything mor br00talz then like some 80s van halen ratt stuff like that. so JCM800ish
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I would like some other opinions though

btw Acdc have you joined the the It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works. group
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
I would like some other opinions though

btw Acdc have you joined the the It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works. group

No I haven't. I didn't even know it was a group. I'll have to join it. Thanks for the heads up.
so the F30 would be good for me then. I've just always thought of Mesas as Br00tlz amps. but I need to find one to try out. So yah. Lemme know if there is something better for me
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
anyone else
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
That sounds preety good for you. Great cleans, and it gets a lot of grind. No death metal stuff, but for Hi-gain 80ish tones, it could get em. Look into a Traynor YCV50 as well... F30 is a great buy for you though...
yea man, i own the F-50, but before hand i tried the F-30 as well. the El84s give it that little different flavor that might be what your looking for. but the cleans are amazing, switch to the OD channel drop the drive and crank the volume you got blues. throw an OD over your the clean channel. or you can crank the drive and the volume and get a pretty nice classic rock OD. finally, hit the contour channel (basically the lead channel) and BOOM! theres your van halen.

EQ as needed of course. but yea man, the F series are a great line of amps. sound great, take pedals well, simple to operate and relatively cheap for a higher quality amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
cool. I may be buying a F30 then. thanks for the help guys
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
so whats a F50 worth there is one on ebay for 750 right now
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
To get Hair Metal sounds out of an F30, you might want to get a TubeScreamer or a good EQ pedal. I don't think it gets heavy enough to do that well. But for Blues and Classic Rock, an F-30 is waht you're looking for
yes I've deduced that lol thanks for the help. do you know what one is worth though?

How much is an F50 and an F30 worth respectivly?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
ok thanks. well there is a F50 for on ebay for 750.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Ok I'll keep an eye out. thanks for all the help
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Hmm i was looking at a F30/50 as well but I kind of want thrash metal/metalcore/teh br00talz. Can they handle this or should I look at some other amps?
Look into the mesa Mark IVs and rectos if you want teh br00talz
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by A-5best
Hmm i was looking at a F30/50 as well but I kind of want thrash metal/metalcore/teh br00talz. Can they handle this or should I look at some other amps?

If you want some versatility, the F30 is pretty much what you want. If all you need is br00talz, then you're better off looking at a 5150/ 6505.

The Mesa's distortion is an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, deep- fried on a sesame seed bun. At times it'll sound very high- gain with the gain at 5 or so, and at others it'll sound sort of thick and chunky, not very brutal at all. It can handle Megadeth and the like with no problem, but if you're looking for Job For a Cowboy- like stuff you might want to look elsewhere.

Threadstarter, I got mine almost new for $545, just to give you an idea.