View poll results: Pickup
Dean Markley
2 40%
Seymour Duncan
0 0%
Other
3 60%
Voters: 5.
I was going to get an acoustic pickup but I can't decide which one do you guys think would be better.
are you looking at magnetic soundhole pickups? which models specifically?
i've heard a LR Baggs M1 Active. it sounds seriously good and costs around $200 CAD. i talked to the guy using it after and he just loves it. it's basically a triple source pickup. there are dual humbuckers in it. one is suspended within the actual guitar and picks up sound in a three dimensional space. it can also pick up rhythmic tapping on the guitar because it's physically connected to the guitar itself. the guy also said that it's a really hot pickup. if you have a button on your shirt, and you tap the back of the guitar with it, the M1 will amplify that sound.

im actually going to get one along with my next guitar(D-16RGT) this summer and get it permanently installed with the 1/4 inch jack at the back strap button.
I recommend LR Baggs or Fishman. I have the I-Beam active which cost me $139 and $50 for installation. It is a nice pickup.
Quote by Guitar Hack
I recommend LR Baggs or Fishman. I have the I-Beam active which cost me $139 and $50 for installation. It is a nice pickup.

Is there any way to control this one, or do you have an external pre-amp? I have a read a few reviews and they make it seem as if it has the ability to be controlled, but I don't see how.
Guild GAD-40C w/ PWM pickup
Martin 000-16GT
Washburn D10s-12
Fender Jimmie Vaughan Strat
Schecter C-1+ (For SALE!)
Epiphone G-400 Ltd. w/ EMG's