Hi!

I am going to buy a new distortion pedal, I've set up a list of almost all dist/overd. pedals by Boss. (At least those I can find):P
I use a Randall RG75DG3, and I am playing very much concerts. My style is thrash and progressive-metal. The sounds I want is something close to Metallica's Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets and ...And Justice For All.

Heres the list:

OD-3
OS-2
SD-1
DS-1
DS-2
MT-2
MD-2
ML-2

If you want to read alittle about them:
http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/p_compactpedals.html
well metallica used tubescreamers

i have the sd-1 it tightens up the sound pretty good but then i havent used any other od pedals

and im pretty sure u need an OD not a distortion

the randal would sound better most likely if not get a metal muff
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I like the DS-2. might work for you, not sure though so try it out
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Why boss? None of those are really that good.

I have to agree, I also second the OD instead of distortion; However, don't limit your search to just the TS series - play as many as you can.
if you must get a gain pedal, get an overdrive, go with a Cmatmods Signadrive, a Homebrew Power Squealer, or a fulltone OCD.

BOSS makes garbage Distortion/OD pedals... don't get one. I reccomend selling your amp and getting a used MESA F-30.
It's amazing how many people failed to notice that he has a solid state amp and that an overdrive pedal wouldn't help...
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
It's amazing how many people failed to notice that he has a solid state amp and that an overdrive pedal wouldn't help...

I noticed.
I have to go with the band wagon here, i have a few boss pedals but i have never been too happy with their distortion pedals, same thing goes for electro harmonix, so i wouldn't really recommend getting one of the Big Muffs either.

one day i guy i played with came by with a bluesdriver, and that sounded ~OK but wasn't exactly versatile. I have heard that getting the ds-1 with the analogman or keeley mods is pretty good, but don't have one myself and can't vouch for it(http://www.analogman.com/boss.htm#DS1), but they sound like a good deal.

if you just wanna pick something up cheap, then go for that tube screamer. but i would recommend getting a real distortion pedal that will cost you some bucks, but it won't dissapoint.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by timi_hendrix

Good lord you're right, I just assumed ts knew what they wanted - makes more sense now with the whole Boss listing.

Disregard the previous response and focus on a distortion pedal...