For the most part, Guitar World magazine makes sensce(sp?). But, in This month's issue, in the defenders of the faith column, where people post there gear, what songs there playing, etc., well, heres one that i dont know what to think of
Here it is, stright form the mag

Sage H. Dawson
Hometown: Locust Grove, AR
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul and Flying V
Songs I've been playing:
Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water and Black Sabbath's Iron Man

Gear I Most Want: An Ebony Firebird Studio With Gold Hardware

discuss
Defender of the Faith? I don't think so. At least in Metal Hammer you're only a defender of the faith if you've got a metal tattoo on you.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Kill him.

Metal style.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by guitardude34875
For the most part, Guitar World magazine makes sensce(sp?). But, in This month's issue, in the defenders of the faith column, where people post there gear, what songs there playing, etc., well, heres one that i dont know what to think of
Here it is, stright form the mag

Sage H. Dawson
Hometown: Locust Grove, AR
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul and Flying V
Songs I've been playing:
Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water and Black Sabbath's Iron Man

Gear I Most Want: An Ebony Firebird Studio With Gold Hardware

discuss

Uncle Paul touched little Sage so he instead of using the classic line "If you tell any one they will be mad at you" he decided to buy him guitars. And he is probably one of those little punk ass kids that will grow out of guitar selling his stuff. Get your eBay mouses ready
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
That's classic.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by guitardude34875
ok, don't yall see what gear he has and what songs he's playin? aint dat retarded?

not really... maybe he a beginner.. and his parents just bought him good gear..

Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh the irony...

Stop trying to act all high and mighty. There is no skill requirement for owning a piece of equipment.

i like you... ur the only one that shows a lil intelligent :P
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by YourDad
Kill him.

Metal style.

Battle axe to the head, drink his blood and eat his burning flesh.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh the irony...

Stop trying to act all high and mighty. There is no skill requirement for owning a piece of equipment.

no, but to a certain point, there is no probelem with a beginer having a quality instrument, but there are a bagillion more intruments out there that aren't that expensive
Quote by guitardude34875
ok, don't yall see what gear he has and what songs he's playin? aint dat retarded?

Everyone has got to start somewhere.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh the irony...

good thing there isn't........
i want to keep my les paul
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
not really... maybe he a beginner.. and his parents just bought him good gear..

When have flying Vs been good?

Les Pauls are good though...
Quote by ..NEM..
Everyone has got to start somewhere.

yeah, but who starts out with a $2,000 les paul and $1,500 Flying V?
Quote by guitardude34875
no, but to a certain point, there is no probelem with a beginer having a quality instrument, but there are a bagillion more intruments out there that aren't that expensive

I still don't see why the fact that there are cheaper instruments makes him any less entitled to an expensive one. I know for a fact that if I had the money when I started, I would've bought a Stingray or something. And I bet you would have bought something mad expensive too.
Quote by guitardude34875
yeah, but who starts out with a $2,000 les paul and $1,500 Flying V?

Him, obviously.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh the irony...

Yes there is, you have to have atleast agility 15 and dexterity 16, or else those tapping solo saving throws are gonna be really hard.

You don't wanna fumble when you're doing a tapping solo, my dear friend.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^ Do you sit at your computer all day thinking of funny comments to post on here?
Pure genious

Rape?

BR?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Last edited by floppypick at Apr 1, 2008,
Instead of bitching about a kid trying to learn how to play guitar (he's obviously a novice) why not talk about the horrible "Dress like a rockstar" column...which made me throw up in my mouth. Everything was designer clothes (who probably paid big to get mentioned) and the article was just filler. Why do I have to wear a certain kind of clothing to play music? Music is music, I'm sorry I don't wear stereotypical "rocker" fashion. The last two or three issues have been utter crap and I'm thinking of ending my subscription.
In the Alexi interview, they mention "..Hit Me Baby One More Time" and say it's on Are You Dead Yet? I'm pretty sure that's false, cause it isn't on mine.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Kensai
Yes there is, you have to have atleast agility 15 and dexterity 16, or else those tapping solo saving throws are gonna be really hard.

You don't wanna fumble when you're doing a tapping solo, my dear friend.

<-bassist.

No need to worry about tapping solos, my friend.

or solos...for that matter...
Quote by rock_and_blues
Instead of bitching about a kid trying to learn how to play guitar (he's obviously a novice) why not talk about the horrible "Dress like a rockstar" column...which made me throw up in my mouth. Everything was designer clothes (who probably paid big to get mentioned) and the article was just filler. Why do I have to wear a certain kind of clothing to play music? Music is music, I'm sorry I don't wear stereotypical "rocker" fashion. The last two or three issues have been utter crap and I'm thinking of ending my subscription.

what issue was this? i dont remeber seeing that column...........
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by rock_and_blues

ok, i agree with you on the rocker column, but name one good guitarist that started out with +$3,000 worth of gear
I don't see the problem with that and there are so many other things about that terrible publication that actually deserve criticism.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by floppypick
^ Do you sit at your computer all day thinking of funny comments to post on here?
Pure genious

Rape?

BR?

I have a notebook with stuff already written down on it

Quote by Dirge Humani
<-bassist.

No need to worry about tapping solos, my friend.

or solos...for that matter...

Well you can still do intros and breakdowns! Noones does breakdowns like bassists. Except for drummers.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by guitardude34875
ok, i agree with you on the rocker column, but name one good guitarist that started out with +$3,000 worth of gear

does it really ****ing matter? I started on a 25 dollar pawn shop acoustic but yet I don't see a problem with it. His parents are probably very rich and want the best for their son. If he isn't an ungrateful twat about it than more power to him, if he is, oh well, theres nothing you can do about it.

I honestly think all this commotion is pure envy and jealousy to be honest.
That was extremely relaxing, Flying Couch.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by rock_and_blues
does it really ****ing matter? I started on a 25 dollar pawn shop acoustic but yet I don't see a problem with it. His parents are probably very rich and want the best for their son. If he isn't an ungrateful twat about it than more power to him, if he is, oh well, theres nothing you can do about it.

I honestly think all this commotion is pure envy and jealousy to be honest.

envy and jealousy are the same thing