Well at the moment I have a PRS Tremonti SE, it's really nice and all I've just been thinking about changing the bridge pickup.. My band play mostly pop punk(I know ) and I really like the sound Tom Delonge had in Blink 182(please don't flame lol it's my opinion), I was also thinking of getting his old Fender sig, not the Squier lol. His sig has Seymour Duncan Invaders, I was just thinking should I just buy some Invaders instead of his sig cause' I'm a little tight for money at the moment. Thanks
Last edited by Pooinsky at Apr 1, 2008,
The Invader is not a good pickup. Period. Really any set of hot passives through a Dual Recto should nail the Blink tone. Or get a Gibson Dirty Fingers, which is on Tom's ES-335 sig.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
The Invader is not a good pickup. Period. Really any set of hot passives through a Dual Recto should nail the Blink tone. Or get a Gibson Dirty Fingers, which is on Tom's ES-335 sig.

Why is it not a good pickup?
Mostly because it has poor cleans, but the distortion tone is just mediocre.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Pooinsky
Well at the moment I have a PRS Tremonti SE, it's really nice and all I've just been thinking about changing the bridge pickup.. My band play mostly pop punk(I know ) and I really like the sound Tom Delonge had in Blink 182(please don't flame lol it's my opinion), I was also thinking of getting his old Fender sig, not the Squier lol. His sig has Seymour Duncan Invaders, I was just thinking should I just buy some Invaders instead of his sig cause' I'm a little tight for money at the moment. Thanks

I've heard one of those Tremontis...and no offence but the sound was atrocious, typical cheap, high-output ceramic bucker with no tone and buckets of mud. It was being played through a Marshall TSL 60 combo so similar to your amp. The Invader will be no better.

If you want decent output geared towards more modern, crunchy tones then get the Seymour Duncan Custom.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I've heard one of those Tremontis...and no offence but the sound was atrocious, typical cheap, high-output ceramic bucker with no tone and buckets of mud. It was being played through a Marshall TSL 60 combo so similar to your amp. The Invader will be no better.

If you want decent output geared towards more modern, crunchy tones then get the Seymour Duncan Custom.

When you say more modern, crunchy tones, you mean more for metal..? Because all I need is a basic pop punk sound..? Also which Seymour Duncan Custum?
Quote by Pooinsky
When you say more modern, crunchy tones, you mean more for metal..? Because all I need is a basic pop punk sound..? Also which Seymour Duncan Custum?

The normal Custom is probably best for those typical pop/punky tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com