Ok... I've just read the FR setup thread for my Edge 3... watched on youtube how to restring the damn thing, looked up the instructions on the website... and still I have this ****ed up problem...

So I hope someone can help me here...

I've just restringed or restrung whatever my guitar which has a Ede 3 Tremolo for the first time and here's the deal....

If I try to tune the strings, I begin on my low E string (6th) and continue to tune the strings all the way to the other E string. When I play my 6th string again... ITS OUT OF TUNE. So I retune it... AND ALL THE OTHER DAMN STRINGS ARE OUT OF TUNE...

What the hell is going on here? I've tried tightening my springs, loosen them, fine tune them but nothing works...

Can anyone help me?
strings need time to strech. also a thing to check cause ive done this b4 i rest my hand on the bridge and tune it with force on the bridge.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Well, after countless of tries, I figured that the tremolo tension was too low all the time with 3 springs too keep it in tune.

Point is, that if I use 4 springs the tension of the bridge is too high... Even when I use 3 springs and stretch them across instead of a straight line, the tension is too low...

Any advice?
Is it just me, or is the Edge Pro original the only FR that actually works?

All I hear is complaints about the others. Is it just a matter of finding the correct setup, or are they really as terrible as people make out?
lol... Something fell off my Edge III tonight. I'm not even kidding.
Welcome to Floyd Rose bridges. Keep tuning em.

Youll find out the Edge 3 is a sh1t bridge later. What youre experiencing now would happen with every Floyd.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Well... that it's ****... I've discovered by now... But how to solve the problem...
Quote by Shade7777
Ok... I've just read the FR setup thread for my Edge 3... watched on youtube how to restring the damn thing, looked up the instructions on the website... and still I have this ****ed up problem...

So I hope someone can help me here...

I've just restringed or restrung whatever my guitar which has a Ede 3 Tremolo for the first time and here's the deal....

If I try to tune the strings, I begin on my low E string (6th) and continue to tune the strings all the way to the other E string. When I play my 6th string again... ITS OUT OF TUNE. So I retune it... AND ALL THE OTHER DAMN STRINGS ARE OUT OF TUNE...

What the hell is going on here? I've tried tightening my springs, loosen them, fine tune them but nothing works...

Can anyone help me?

It's not really a "problem", that happens with ANY floating bridge, including the OFR and Edge Pro. The bridge operates on a balance of tension between springs and strings, so obviously when you change the tension of one thing you're going to affect everything else.

You can't really solve it as such, you just have to keep going back over your tuning. One thing you do need to do is stretch your strings thoroughly before trying to tune up, otherwise you'll never get the thing right.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com