I can't seem to find out how to do it. I made a track, and made a mistake in it, and I know there is a way from this video I watched, but i cant find how to do it. Any Help?
Quote by rush4life
Pretty much all of Fox's buddies were a pain in the ass. Falco was such a dick.

Member #13 of the UG Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
You made a mistake in your performance? You can mask it, but you can't fix it. Re-take it. The key to good recordings is a good performance.

Don't mention that experimental new software that allows you to change individual frequencies Such a stupid idea. Just re-take, man, learn your part.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I would agree with Muphin. However, if you really don't want to, you can use something called comping, where you cut out a bit where you played that same part correctly, and replace the mistake with that bit. This requires very patient and painstaking cutting and editing though to get it sounding perfect. It would be faster and easier to re-take.
There is poetry in despair.
If you want to know exactly how to do it then what you need to do is first use the slice tool and slice the beginning and end of where the mistake is and delete it, then you rerecord it, but give youself a lead in and out, so play like 5-10 seconds before the mistake and after.

Then you drag the begining and end of the rerecord so it fits in the place that you sliced out. Solo just that track and listen to it to see if it goes together well, if not then drag the sides further to a spot that sounds best.

Hope that all makes sense.