Has anyone had experience with this amp? Are the effects tinny or digital, and would it be good for a live show of a max of about 50-60 people.
Also how tall is it and does it get very loud? I'm referring to the half stack 120 watt model btw :p.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-Series-FW120HS-120W-HalfStack?sku=481416

Please help
Last edited by MeatHook Sodomy at Apr 1, 2008,
Honestly you can do better for that kind of money. What kind of music do you play?
Quote by rwalby9
Honestly you can do better for that kind of money. What kind of music do you play?

Mostly metal like slayer. And some lighter rock like Avenged sevenfold.
What other kind of half stack do you suggest for around $500-600.
btw Dimmu Borgir is awesome.
Horrible amp, I could list reasons why but theres a limit to these texts.
For that money go for maybe a Randall half stack and some basic pedals, or save up alittle more and try out some Bugera amps.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
i have one, its kinda balls. the 65W combo, but its basically the same. the effects are pretty bad, and its pretty hard to get a tight sound on the high gain channel. i would recommend almost anything else. i would steer clear of most SS amps if i were you, especially since you're gigging.

it does work as a practise amp for me though, since i am primarily a drummer.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
i say with that kind of money you can afford a randall half stacks, many randall SS combos, and maybe even a tube b52 combo (pretty high gain)

these would be much better suited to playing metal than the crappy crate half stack
im gonna be honest, the amp sounds great, but its ridiculously quiet. when i tryed it in the store, i had to turn up to ten for it to be loud enough for drums. an amp should max out at five or six.

dont get a flexwave
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah