So I have a tab requests for Revelation, Out of the Sunrise, Asik Veysel, and Andalusia from the new album Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock. I know that satriani fans have been itching to tab some satriani ever since super colossals' songs were all figured out and heres your chance!! Satriani website contains short videos of joe playing the songs so some tabbers might find that helpful..

I will also be trying my hardest to tab these songs out so lets get to work!!!

Its a great album by the way, i would highly recommend that people listen to it. I would say that the sound is more "mystical" sounding than past satriani albums. Listen to it and you'll know what i mean.
99% of all the tabs available for Satriani, or at least the half decent ones (powertabs), have all been straight from their respective official tabbooks. Of course I'm still learning as much as I can from the songs with every listen, and enjoying every minute of it, but until the tabbook comes out, I wouldn't expect to see much more then verse/chorus tabs or shoddy takes at the solo. Of course that's more then enough for players who know Satriani in and out and can fill in the blanks, professional looking powertabs or GPtabs are unlikely.

If it leaks on the internet it's even better (well, for us) - although we got lucky with Super Colossal, we still don't have good tabs for Slow Down Blues/You're My World/SMF for the very possible reason that the tabbook for the self-titled was never scanned.

The album is definitely a lot more mature and professional sounding. I also love the recording quality - the lead guitar sounds very raw and natural as if he's right there in your room (the Andalusia jam in particular), and the accompanyment is always doing something interesting, which is a nice break from the dull straightness of the Super Colossal tracks.
Quote by wasp2020
99% of all the tabs available for Satriani, or at least the half decent ones (powertabs), have all been straight from their respective official tabbooks. Of course I'm still learning as much as I can from the songs with every listen, and enjoying every minute of it, but until the tabbook comes out, I wouldn't expect to see much more then verse/chorus tabs or shoddy takes at the solo. Of course that's more then enough for players who know Satriani in and out and can fill in the blanks, professional looking powertabs or GPtabs are unlikely.

If it leaks on the internet it's even better (well, for us) - although we got lucky with Super Colossal, we still don't have good tabs for Slow Down Blues/You're My World/SMF for the very possible reason that the tabbook for the self-titled was never scanned.

The album is definitely a lot more mature and professional sounding. I also love the recording quality - the lead guitar sounds very raw and natural as if he's right there in your room (the Andalusia jam in particular), and the accompanyment is always doing something interesting, which is a nice break from the dull straightness of the Super Colossal tracks.

You're My World is one of my all time favorite satriani pieces and its a shame that it hasn't been tabbed yet

The thing with Super Colossal was that some of the music just didn't have the emotion that sartiani usually masterfully integrates into his playing ( The Extremist, Strange Beautiful Music, and Flying in a Blue Dream come immediately to mind ), some of the songs felt almost too mechanical which is something i would NEVER associate with satriani since his songs ( solos in particular ) have so much feeling and emotion (along with amazing technical prowess).

But after hearing satchafunkilus, the few doubts I had were completely and utterly destroyed. I also completely agree about the other instruments in the songs as well. Its not just a stale chord progressions with satch soloing over them, there were many songs where the bass lines, drum beats, and the piano sections left me completely in awe and thats right before satch amazes with some of his best lead work yet...

I've started to tabbing this album but as you said it will be a while since learning these songs will take time and tabbing them can be almost as time consuming but im certain that the gifted musical talents here at UG are more than ready for the challenge...
Andalusia is my favorite track, saw Satch in a guitar clinic yesterday and he played Musterion, Overdriver, Diddle-Y-A-Doo-Dat, Flying In a Blue Dream, Always With Me Always with you and Surfing with the Alien

Was going to get my strat back plate signed but I needed to get home and finish school work

But it was pretty cool, he had some interesting advice and told us that Musterion is using a Hungarian minor scale. I recorded some of the Q and A session.
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Just submitted a tab for Andalusia's intro . Hopefully it'll get accepted. Suppose thats a start...
Quote by el_paso
Just submitted a tab for Andalusia's intro . Hopefully it'll get accepted. Suppose thats a start...

i have out of the sunrise almost completely tabbed out with only the end solo that is giving me some trouble but i will make sure to get it submitted here in the next week or so...
I got some of overdriver down, man I love that song.

I got to see him April first, the first time he played these songs live ^^

overdriver has been stuck in my head ever since. As soon as I heard the beginning to musterion I knew this album was going to be great. The last song andalusia made the album go out with a bang.

Some songs, you can just feel the emotion. I Know most/all of his songs have emotion but you can just sense how powerful revelation is. That song is just wow, kinda like Rubina, Echo, etc. Something very special about those songs. Im not saying his other songs are lacking, it's just revelation is just deep.

My personal favorite is probably either, Overdriver, Musterion, or andalusia. Asik is pretty sweet as well though.

I want the tab book now lol.
I don't understand why people are so hard on Revelation, I think it's an awesome song. You can feel the heaviness and emotion.
I've been tabbing Out of the Sunrise. Is there some sort of octave pedal in it do you people reckon?
Thats quite difficult to tab so i've just sorta done the note you hear if you know what i mean. Not the note which might in fact be being played.
Can't wait for the Revelation tab! Wish I could tab out the song but I'll just have to wait for someone that has the talent to do so.

Hurry Up Though!!!
Hello everyone, new here. Saw satch at glasgow last week. Awesome!! Arguably the new album isnt as good as older stuff, but then nothing ever is really, anyway, I also have been hunting about for revalation tab, with out luck, so thought id do it myself!! i will try and post it up as an attatchment. Its my first tab, so be gentle. just as a text doc because im not really familiar with guitarpro from a tab creation point of view. I would say its about 65-70% complete, with main theme correct, bridge more or less there and a valiant attempt at the first solo if i say so myself! I would imagine you will be able to use it as a guide if nothing else. any ammendments/improvements etc. would be appreciated, and if someone wants to have a bash at the second solo that'd be just swell

regards,

James
Attachments:
satch - revelation.txt
Just taking a quick stab at the arpeggios

|-----------------|-5-----10---------|------------------------|---------------|
|-----5-----8---5-|-----7------7-----|---12----10-------------|---7----8-------|
|---4-----5-------|------------------|-9-------------------11-|---------------|
|-----------------|--------------9---|------------12----12----|-7----9----------|
|-3-----------5---|----------7-------|------10----------------|---------------|
|-------5---------|---7------------8-|---------------10-------|---------------|

|-----------------|-5-----10---------|-------------------------|------------------------|
|-----5-----8---5-|-----7------7-----|---12----10--------------|------------------------|
|---4-----5-------|------------------|-9-------------------11--|-12h==14p==12h==14------|
|-----------------|--------------9---|------------12----12-----|------------------------|
|-3-----------5---|----------7-------|------10-----------------|------------------------|
|-------5---------|---7------------8-|---------------10--------|------------------------|

The high notes would be played an octave lower, and then with a whammy pedal. So maybe something like this:

o   o    o o   o   o   o o   o o     o o    o  o     o o     o   o
|----------------------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------|
|----------------------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------|
|----------------------|-2-----7---------|---------------------|-------------|
|---------2------5---2-|-----------------|---9----7------------|-7---9-------|
|-3---2--------3---5---|-----9---7-9-----|-7---10------------9-|---9---10----|
|------------5---------|---7---------7-8-|----------10-10-10---|-------------|

o   o    o o   o   o   o o   o o     o o    o  o     o o   o    o    o   o
|----------------------|-----------------|---------------------|------------------------|
|----------------------|-----------------|---------------------|------------------------|
|----------------------|-2-----7---------|---------------------|------------------------|
|---------2------5---2-|-----------------|---9----7------------|------------------------|
|-3---2--------3---5---|-----9---7-9-----|-7---10------------9-|-10h==12p==10h==12------|
|------------5---------|---7---------7-8-|----------10-10-10---|------------------------|