Ok so I got $200 and I was really wanting a new guitar. A decent one at least. Which one should I get? I personally love Deans. There sound is amazing. Plus I play metal so which would be best for me?

A Dean Vendetta 1.0 for $199

Ibanez GRX20 for $150

Jackson JS1 Dinky for $200

Dean VX for $200 (red)
Why not save up more cash for a better one?
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
agreed with the bastard

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

My first ever guitar was the Ibanez GRX20 and it is a decent guitar if you are just starting out. I kept it for about a year until I could afford a good guitar and I never really had any problems with it. The tremolo sucks, of course, but the guitar is okay for the price.
1.) take the $200, save it
2.) make more $$$s
3.) buy something more worth it

Seriously, buying another cheap guitar isn't worth it. Save your $$$ and get something really worthwhile. Having two guitars under $200 isn't gonna be great. Quality is worth the wait and money.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
i think that they're all about equal except the ibanez and the jackson look like they have floating bridges and dont have a locking nut. if thats so stay away from those. just by palm muting on a floating bridge w/out the locking nut will knock it out of tune. but if its a fixed bridge then youll be alright.
yea man, i know when you want new gear you want it NOW! but in this case you would be better off waiting. i say save between $400-500 (i'm assuming USD) for a decent metal guitar.

also what type of amp do you have right now? depending on how long you have been playing and unless your current axe is unbearably unplayable, i say go for a new amp.

the only reason i say the duration of your playing is because you might want to get better before you invest more, but thats only because i have seen countless friends want to "learn" but end up quitting. and i am NOT by any means throwing you in the catagory, im just looking out for your wallett's best interest.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I've been playing for 3 years and I have a Marshall MG30DFX and a Dean DB-01 Crybaby

Quote by fallacy1901
There sound is amazing.

Cheers buddy, I needed that. Everyone should laugh a little every day!

But really, don't waste your money, save up a little more, or sell your amp & get something better with the money. Cube 30 > MG30DFX

Quote by a_muster121
i think that they're all about equal except the ibanez and the jackson look like they have floating bridges and dont have a locking nut. if thats so stay away from those. just by palm muting on a floating bridge w/out the locking nut will knock it out of tune. but if its a fixed bridge then youll be alright.

You are an ignorant fool.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Last edited by Cofflecakes at Apr 1, 2008,
Quote by stangconv
IF YOU HAVE 200 TO SPEND

Buy this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Seriously... then sell the marshall and and you are LAUGHING!!!!

a VJ with a guitar for under 2 bills

thats sick

EDIT: just noticed, your a an April 08er. thats pretty cool
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Last edited by Phillitalian at Apr 1, 2008,
well if you are going to get a new amp or a new guitar, 200 is a bit low for a budget. for anything decent you might need the 400 to 500 range. but then this brings up a new series of questions:

do you gig? do you play with other people? are one of these other people possibly a drummer and does he/she play loud? do your parents/guardians/neighbors care about loud noises? and i would ask what styles, but you already said metal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yes yes yes i saw that in a previous post. but then i also asked my other questions if the TS played with others. yes 5w tube is good. but the speaker on the combo aint the best, lets face it. but i was probably going to recommend the Blackheart 5 watter...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by stangconv
IF YOU HAVE 200 TO SPEND

Buy this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Seriously... then sell the marshall and and you are LAUGHING!!!!

Best idea so far.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Phillitalian
a VJ with a guitar for under 2 bills

thats sick

EDIT: just noticed, your a an April 08er. thats pretty cool

^that there is a really good deal believe it or not, i think i bought my epiphone g-310 for 350...? this is under 2 bills and comes with a pretty good amp and bells i say get it the guitar is pretty good.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by LaidBack
yes yes yes i saw that in a previous post. but then i also asked my other questions if the TS played with others. yes 5w tube is good. but the speaker on the combo aint the best, lets face it. but i was probably going to recommend the Blackheart 5 watter...

The blackheart is 250 dollars.. Sure it is better then the VJ, but for 200 you get a GOOD little amp and a GOOD guitar....

Thats is an EFFING steal...

I am considering buying it just to seperate and resell, because I am left-handed...

While I think the Blackheart is better, or the LOW price of that more people should be buying that!
i have the dean vendetta, and its not bad. im getting a new, better guitar soon, but for a beginner its not bad.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.