Hey guys, just joined here obviously...

I just started playing the guitar about a month ago.(made some decent progress too for a beginner IMO) Decided to buy a pretty sweet Fender Strat off eBay after finally wanting to pickup after years of listening to metal/rock and playing Guitar Hero which fueled my want of learning a real guitar.

I'm definitely not a noobie to metal and rock music though...I pretty much enjoy any type of rock music from death metal to indie folk to prog to metalcore to classic rock, I basically enjoy everything if it's good. Some favorite bands include Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, In Flames, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, System of a Down, Maylene & the Sons of Disaster, Porcupine Tree, White Stripes, The Strokes, Slayer, Baroness, Mastodon, Kyuss, Gojira etc. I could probably go on forever...I just love music
hey man welcome to UG. hope you like it. check out the video lessons and see if any of them can help you out (they're generally pretty good).

sniff around the forums a little before you post to get a feel for them. look forward to seeing you stick around.

cheers
Hello Selkies921!
Welcome to UG

There is a thread stickied to the top of this forum just for introductions like this one. Feel free to introduce yourself there as well. We're glad to have you with us and we hope that you have a great time on the site.

If you don't quite understand something or have a question that needs to be answered, then you're more than welcome to send me a message and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Word of advice: Beware of The Pit. It can be brutal! You may want to hang around for a while and watch what goes on in The Pit before actually posting in there. Some of the members can be rude if they don't like what someone posts.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by aig91

Word of advice: Beware of The Pit. It can be brutal! You may want to hang around for a while and watch what goes on in The Pit before actually posting in there. Some of the members can be rude if they don't like what someone posts.

^ It's funny how it's mostly new members in the pit who are like that.

Anyway. Welcome threadstarter!! You'll enjoy it here. Make sure to get your profile up and running and post/visit alot. This is the best guitar forum there is.
ಥ_ಥ