My current TS9 is really beat up, I've had it 10 years and I got it 2nd hand. Anyway the power supply plug has receeded into the case, and every 3-4 times of hooking up the power I have to unscrew the case to re-fit the power supply.

I want a new one.

However as I've only ever had the TS9, it could be an opportunity to try a different model. What are the major differences between the TS9, the TS808 and the TS9DX?

Is it worth getting the Keeley mod to any of them (or some other mod)? Should I just get another stock TS9? I play a wide array of music from Blues, to classic rock, to modern alt/rock, and I use the TS9 as a lead boost. I wouldn't mind something to break up and thicken my clean sound too.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Last edited by StriferDiem at Apr 1, 2008,
first of all, depending on how old your is, you should keep it hidden away and never play it live any more. it could be worth a fair amount of money.
if you love that pedal, get another ts-9. if you used the ts-9 without using much of its drive, get the ts808. if you used all lot of dirt from the ts-9, and think that sometimes you would like more, get the ts9DX.
So the 808 might be better as a "cleaner" type boost, to fatten up my clean channel a bit?
TC Electronics G Major
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

i personally think its a better, warmer pedal. however it does not have anywhere near the amount of dirt as the ts-9. if your looking at is simply as a boost, you should go try one out. there really nice. i built mine. it has two sides. one way its a stock 808, and i flip a switch and then it uses LED clippers and give a much dirtier tone.
If the one you have now is about 10 years old then chances are you won't love a brand new one (9 or 808) as much, because the bypass in them now is just absolutely terrible and I believe they're using a different chip that doesn't sound as nice. I keeley modded mine (myself) so it sounds fantastic, but unfortunately it still has the bad bypass. Look into getting a one done by Keeley if you don't mind the price.
Ok thats a shame...

Maybe I'm better off going with something else entirely?
TC Electronics G Major
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Best suggestion is checking out the used market for a broken used one or really cheap used one. Take your guts out of the one you have and replace them in the new casing... And now you have a backup and your vintage TS9 still...

Or if you have been playing that one forever, give the OCD a try everyone loves it and it might be a nice change of pace...
I may be interested in selling my TS9. I got it less then a week ago and it has less than 15 minutes of use. I thought it would be a good addition to my rig but ended up being more of a redundancy than anything.

I haven't made up my mind if I want to sell but, of course, if there is interest I will accelerate that decision. Either way I am on the good traders list.

-Greg
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1