Okay, so, we have; a temporary bassist, a possible, full rhythm guitarist, a singer (that might be replaced) and a possible drummer with a, "I'm good and I know it" kind of attitude. Not only does he have that mighty attitude, he's also into thrash, which the rest of the band is not. However, he has hook-ups to set us up with a possible record deal with Road Runner, and places to gig. Deep down, I know he'll fit for a drummer, but I don't think our musical tastes are going to blend so well.
whats your point? just because he likes a different genre than the rest of you doesn't mean he won't fit. If he enjoys the genre that your band is playing, then whatever. If he doesn't then fire him I guess.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
he's also into thrash

Alot of thrash drummers are amazing, just because he listens to something else doesnt mean he isnt capable of playing another style
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
It is just my opinion, but with a "temporary" bass player, "possible,full" guitarist, a singer which might be "replaced" and a "possible" drummer, I don't think you guys should be worrying about a record deal with Roadrunner. And I know from first hand experience that having the same taste in music would definitely be a benefit to you "band".
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser w/ EMG 81-85 Humbuckers
Peavey 6505+
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab w/Vintage 30's
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ
My drummer plays almost entirely funk and jazz, but that doesn't stop him.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'm sorry I didn't mention this, but he strives on sounding like thrash. In my opinion, it's called trash.
Quote by Hair Banger!
I'm sorry I didn't mention this, but he strives on sounding like thrash. In my opinion, it's called trash.

Nice opinion, but drums alone do not make a song 'thrash'.
It's good that he's got that good attitude about his playing, there's nothing more annoying than those bloody shy kids but you've got to lay it down straight, if he wants to be in a pure thrash band then tell him you're not for him.
Hey, our guitarist likes Fleetwood Mac, but we don't hold it against him.
Quote by ThisFireBurns22
And I know from first hand experience that having the same taste in music would definitely be a benefit to you "band".

Now that's strange because I know from first hand experience that the more influences you have coming into a band, the richer that band's output becomes.
If everyone's into the same stuff, you just end up playing the same stuff.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Apr 2, 2008,
Now that's strange because I know from first hand experience that the more influences you have coming into a band, the richer that band's output becomes.
If everyone's into the same stuff, you just end up playing the same stuff.

^^ This.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...