So about 2 years ago I bought an old horrible condition bass off my mate's brother for £5 reckoning it would be a nice project to work on for a bit and figure out how everything fits together. Well, I brought the thing home, took some photos and then put it under my bed and there it has sat until this week when I remembered about it.

Bring on the rebuild!

These are the original pics from when I got it 2 years ago. Note the fretboard that was held onto the splintered neck with blue-tack and the dodgy pickup routing. Also whoever the hell took out the electronics decided not to take the soldering apart but take a set of wirecutters to everything.

Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Earlier in the week I made a start on sanding and gave up when my hands went numb from the cold.

Here we are with everything taken out of the body. Still no idea what its made of.

The front and back are stripped.

Ahhh, Captain plywood, my nemesis, we meet again.

Now that I definately know that its plywood, the cheapest parts I can find will be going into this I reckon, but I'm just doing this for the experience anyway.

Wish me luck so I don't bugger it up.
good luck man.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Baconfish
... Ahhh, Captain plywood, my nemesis, we meet again.

Now that I definately know that its plywood, the cheapest parts I can find will be going into this I reckon, but I'm just doing this for the experience anyway.

Wish me luck so I don't bugger it up.

Good luck! That looks like a hopeless case with the fretboard separated, etc.; however, it can only get better!

Have you figured out the design yet? Or, is this going to be a solid color?

With a P and J Bass PU combo, it might be a pleasant surprise.

Before re-finishing, I recommend that you put it together first, just to make sure it's playable, as in, the neck isn't warped, etc.

I honestly don't really have much that resembles a plan, I'm more seeing what happens as I go.

I agree about the neck though, I'm going to have to replace that entirely, theres actually a large chunk thats been taken out of the neck thats still connected at one end.

To Ebay!

Really all I have at the moment is a body.
Wow, that truss rod rout looks shoddy as heck... And what's with the newspaper?

...and Blue-tack? Seriously?

A junker bass if I ever saw one. But keep at it, and turn it into something playable at least.