Poll: Should consumers be able to refill printer ink cartridges?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should consumers be able to refill printer ink cartridges?
Yes
49 94%
No
3 6%
Voters: 52.
Yeah, I mean they can play with those shitty messy refill kits all they want just to save a buck.
yep. you've paid for the cartridge so you should be able to refill it. You still have to buy the ink from somewhere, so it's not destroying the industry. Plus it helps to keep waste to a minimum.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yes, it'd be nice if we could, however I understand that us not being able to do so is for the profit of the printer companies, so it makes sense why we cannot.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Yes.

There's a place near my house that specializes in refilling ink. I save money and the environment. I win.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You have the opportunity to refill ink cartridges, though I wouldn't know how effective it is. The reason why it shouldn't be refillable by all major companies (though I wouldn't be surprised if a company does start doing that, but it will make ink cartridge prices even higher) is because they make a majority of their profit off of ink cartridges.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by E Daws
Yes, it'd be nice if we could, however I understand that us not being able to do so is for the profit of the printer companies, so it makes sense why we cannot.

It doesn't really harm the printer companies. Consumers still have to buy their ink from somewhere. I think the only industry that would be impacted would be the plastic companies due to the reduced manufacturing of the cartridges.

It's like having to buy a new guitar everytime a string breaks. That'd keep the guitar companies profits high but is that acceptable?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
so what if takes money from the printer companies, they need to find a way to adapt, that's how capitalism works.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Wow, I thought you meant people couldn't put in new ink cartridges so they had to buy a new printer every time you ran out.

My answer is still yes though. It's america, you're allowed to do whatever the **** you want. (if you use that, I demand you credit me in your report)
It's better for the environment.

I mean, you can recycle the old cartridges, but this'd be even better.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Yes but for home use....its usally better just to buy a new cheap printer haha
Quote by zombie_monster
Wow, I thought you meant people couldn't put in new ink cartridges so they had to buy a new printer every time you ran out.

My answer is still yes though. It's america, you're allowed to do whatever the **** you want. (if you use that, I demand you credit me in your report)

then what're all those laws for?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes.

There's a place near my house that specializes in refilling ink. I save money and the environment. I win.

Same here.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Does no one realise that you CAN refill printer cartridges? I do it all the time, I don't go to any shops or anything. My printer is fairly old.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Does no one realise that you CAN refill printer cartridges? I do it all the time, I don't go to any shops or anything. My printer is fairly old.

It's an ethical debate rather than a legal one.

although some manufacturers could say that you void the warranty by using refilled cartridges.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
It's an ethical debate rather than a legal one.

although some manufacturers could say that you void the warranty by using refilled cartridges.

What!? Are you saying it's illegal to do this? WTF!
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
What!? Are you saying it's illegal to do this? WTF!

no we're discussing that even though you can, should you?

Like abortion but much less messy.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

I find it harder to refill the ink jets because they use liquid which is harder to find.

I have a black and white laser jet printer with black toner, I refill it all the time. I have yet to see toner for my color Dell laster jet though but it really does well by using a minimal amount of toner.

I have a Brother printer that is used for faxes mostly and when one of the 4 cartridges runs low, the whole printer shuts down and locks up until you replace one of the inks...it's annoying because one color pack is about $18 and the black...(the only only one we use) is about $10. So what I did was open the colors and rig the sensor bar in each packet to make the printer think the color was full and we just replace the black when needed. Works well and is very cheap.

I think the newer cartridges are made so you can't fill them but I've yet to look into new printers for a while and I mostly use laser jet printers.
Quote by zombie_monster

where the hell did you get that idea?

Jack my swag
Yes, I believe they should have the freedom to but personally I would discourage it because third-party inks don't produce as good of a picture. Also, replacing cartridges is also needed when the cartridge contains the print head.
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks