Page 1 of 2
Why is it that everyone either hates New York/Manhattan or they just think its a rich city? I happen to live in the projects in Hell's Kitchen and there are many projects in New York not to mention such as Harlem, Washington heights/Inwood, Red Hook Brooklyn, Flatbush. Not everyone is violent or rich or cocky. Most of the people who are tourists make it seem that way because they are coming from upstate new york or maine. A lot of the people who move to manhattan, queens, bronx, brooklyn ruin it for the natives such as myself and my family. So why does it have such a bad rep with people?
Life is a film, you the film maker
they only do it for the lulz
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Cus theres a lot of moider and things with the guys that go "bidda-bing-a-bidda-bong, what can ya do?"
I'm Canadian.
Ah dunnoooooooooo~
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
its full of jews.. nah im kidding
its cos (from a foreigners point of view) New york seems to be the more businessy type of city where nothing really happens whereas on the western side, in LA and so on, LA is portrayed as the more "touristic" place to go. Hopes that makes sense.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by dayvbayb
its cos (from a foreigners point of view) New york seems to be the more businessy type of city where nothing really happens whereas on the western side, in LA and so on, LA is portrayed as the more "touristic" place to go. Hopes that makes sense.

that makes no sense.

New York has BOATLOADS of tourists.
I want to goto New York and perhaps live somewhere in Manhattan or somewhere working for some big firm and stuff, so I could be like those guys from GQ. Except, unlike those guys from GQ, I'll be a lot less chiseled .

And apparently, Brooklyn is a very nice place for restaurants.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by mathieupM13
New jersey is better

+1 live in Jersey
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by dayvbayb

Nothing really happens? We got the biggest park in the world Central Park, we got times square, the world trade center massacre happened here, we got most of your famous celebrities coming from here, we got the empire state building, we have some of the biggest blockbuster movies of all time filmed here or portrayed here, we have ellis island, the statue of liberty...anything else....
Mnahattan is expensive to live in, therefore all the rich snobby asshole live there (Paris Hilton, Chobes, etc)
Quote by kylendm
+1 live in Jersey

-10 live in new york
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Well, i live on staten island part of the city, and it is the complete opposite of business-y. its more like a large village. even not all of Manhattan is like that. There are only a few streets that are the typical 5 gagillion people in business suits walking up and down the block. the rest is very alive with culture and stuff.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Quote by mathieupM13
New jersey is better

There's a couple cool place in Jersey like New Brunswick, but it's mostly boring suburbs. The Jersey shore is pretty cool. There's also some really dangerous places. I think the best part of NYC is Brooklyn.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by paintITblack39
I want to goto New York and perhaps live somewhere in Manhattan or somewhere working for some big firm and stuff, so I could be like those guys from GQ. Except, unlike those guys from GQ, I'll be a lot less chiseled .

And apparently, Brooklyn is a very nice place for restaurants.

Queens is better but as a whole in manhattan we have china town and little italy. Great food.
Quote by girlscoutcookie
Mnahattan is expensive to live in, therefore all the rich snobby asshole live there (Paris Hilton, Chobes, etc)

I live in Maryland, asshat. I wish I was rich and snobby though.
I love getting the cheap stuff in Chinatown in Manhattan.
Quote by girlscoutcookie

we have a ton of projects that only cost $300 to $600 dollars a month even though the projects is a bad place to live, trust me im from the projects, most of the people doing the harm to others are outsiders who are from elsewhere.
i live on long island, but i love going to the city (especially manhattan) to just do ****. Its got that epic feel to it. I dont think it does, but sorry if that makes me a tourist
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
NYC is good times. I don't know anyone who doesn't dig Manhattan. In Boston's Chinatown you can take the Fun Wa bus straight into their Chinatown for ten bucks each way!
okay okay, im sorry.. Ive never been to NY and i guess i forgot all that stuff. but blame the international media spotlighting LA more than NY.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by BerryTree
I think he was being sarcastic...not to sure though.

No I wasn't sarcastic

New Jersey>New York
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
la is more a place where they emphazise the celebrities and famous people. new york has that and more. its just, you know, cool. i cant find a better word

okay I'll just shut up.

but u cant blame a guy for trying to contribute!

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Try living in Texas

I think it's the image tv gives it: filled with people who will punch you if you accidentally bump into them, rich snobs, and the ghettoist of the ghetto. And the Mafia.

But I don't really think that many people dislike NYC.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by mathieupM13
New jersey is better

That it is
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Manhatten is my favorite Borough. *shrug*

Chinatown, Little Italy, Midtown, Times Square, Empire State Building, Uptown, central Park, the dakota, Strawberry Fields, Balto...

Face it, Manhatten IS New York.

Nah but really, Manhatten is amazing. Truth is, besides maybe Brooklyn for a few shows, I only go to Manhatten. It's the best borough, and the safest probably. I don't find it to keep up with the stereotypes. No exceptionally snobby/rich people, no real gangsters, etc. My many visits have been very enjoyable.

I <3 Manhatten.

EDIT: Not to mention in Times Square there are like 3 humungo music stores in a block or two vicinity. Manny's Music=the bomb.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by kylendm
+1 live in Jersey

pretty sure he was kidding. NJ's a hellhole. i live there.
look at everything we have:

Empire state building
Madison square garden
times square
statue of liberty
metro museum of art
museum of natural history
central park
rockefeller center
Not to mention the Museam of Sex is in Midtown.

Try walking past THAT without oogling. There are about 20 dildos in the window.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet

lol, word up
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet

lol. yea, i know. i live here and i cant help from giggling or staring every time i pass.

who hates New York?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Page 1 of 2