Page 1 of 4
right i was just curios to ask what do people think about scars?

since i gotten warmer i decided to wear vest when i went to the shops earlier today but whilst out i became kinda self conscious of the scars on my shoulder and arm

is this self-consciousness rational? are people offended in some way by them?

or am i being totally paranoid that people even notice them?

also, what do girls think of scars? disgsting or what?

(sorry for what seems a trivial thread bt i am rather curious)
pics or it didnt happen
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Dude just get some scars like Rambo you'll be a bad ass.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

I don't think anyone really cares, i use the one on my stomach as conversation when people see it, some think its cool.
ED REED BABY
I have scars across my back from where i grew too fast.

Just tell the story that goes with it my friend, and people get interested.
It's a great conversational piece.
How'd you get the scar anyway?
It depends, if it's a big ugly scar from a burn or something like that people might get a bit freaked out...
I don't find scars disgusting. I suppose it is as Terps says, it's a conversation topic.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
lol

i should have realised the maturity of the responses id get to this

some are just surgical their not bad arse, they actually still hurt

How'd you get the scar anyway?

scarS,

three smallish ones form surgery on shoulder, and one down my arm from an accident
depends on what kind of scars they are, people usually don't care about scarring from getting cut, but huge burn scars can be pretty off putting.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
They sound like you could just use them as a conversation piece.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by imthehitcher
scarS,

three smallish ones form surgery on shoulder, and one down my arm from an accident
Are they the kind of scars you can pass off as having obtained while doing something heroic and dangerous and awesome?
Quote by imthehitcher

scarS,

No one will care, you're just being paranoid...
just make up some badass stories abot them and you'll be good

like:
"well this one time Iwas riding on my Hog when some ass hole started a fught with me, so wee broke out the switchblades and we were battling when he stabbed my front tire, needless to say i laid it dwn, slid 200 ft and off a cliff into the ocean, I swam my way back to shore dragging my Hog all the way back. i then procede to hunt doe and kill the fucker that blew my tire"

then the ladies will be like "OMG DID U GO TO JAIL"

and you can say "Nah the cops chasewd me, but i out ran them on my chopper, with a little help from my buddy Uzi"
scars are bad ass, say you got attacked by a tiger or something in a freak accident at the zoo
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by ViperScale
depends on the type of scar like some are dead give away of being a drug addict etc.

not really, I got an abscess from an infected IV site.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Scars are only as hardcore as the story imo.

I have a pretty cool scar, until you learn that it is from cutting myself on barbed wire while running from a bee

Women may find them sexy. I have a scar on each hand, one on my butt and one on my leg. When women ask I tell them I got them in the vietnam war.

I realize the timing doesn't quite work out but you wouldn't believe the airheads I date.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by C.C. Deville
scars are bad ass, say you got attacked by a tiger or something in a freak accident at the zoo

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Scars are only as hardcore as the story imo.

I have a pretty cool scar, until you learn that it is from cutting myself on barbed wire while running from a bee

WIN
i making a demot of that... RIGHT NOW
they're scars, they don't bother me. it's not irrational to be paranoid about people noticing because people are nosy bastards and feel the need to ask questions, but just ignoring them usually works.

don't be shy or ashamed of them, just go about as if they're not even there, you'll soon start forgetting they are yourself
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
they're scars, they don't bother me. it's not irrational to be paranoid about people noticing because people are nosy bastards and feel the need to ask questions, but just ignoring them usually works.

don't be shy or ashamed of them, just go about as if they're not even there, you'll soon start forgetting they are yourself

i knoww,

if only i wasn't so darn beautiful

if only was ugly like the rest of you pit dwellers then they wouldn't be such a burden

nahh i just really hate the nosyness and the idea a girl would be put off by somethibng so trivial
I have 3 scars on my back from falling down stairs.
Two are like 4 inches long across and ones a little smaller.

My friends say i'm into bdsm

I say I'm jesus.
As long as it's not grotqesque.

I ahve scars, like people said, they're conmversational.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by imthehitcher
i knoww,

if only i wasn't so darn beautiful

if only was ugly like the rest of you pit dwellers then they wouldn't be such a burden

nahh i just really hate the nosyness and the idea a girl would be put off by somethibng so trivial

i have some fairly ugly scars and people have never been put off by them.

i've got some unwanted comments about how i got them and so on but i just brush them aside. i don't think people generally mind, in fact, on guys we girls often find them intriguing and mysterious. not offputting. if anyone if put off by scars, they're mindless idiots anyway.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by imthehitcher

Kinda like how I feel paranoid that people will look down their nose at me because of my piercings and be like 'youre nice but thats just not pretty', although I chose mine, you didn't

*hugs*
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I've never been turned on by scars but the process of giving a guy one is quite hot.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I've got several very large scars, and as far as I've noticed they've never put any woman off me.
Quote by kikaykitko
I've never been turned on by scars but the process of giving a guy one is quite hot.

You scare me
Nah...

Scars aren't a big deal. Everyone has flaws (though I wouldn't even look at them in this context). Just don't worry about it. We are all people, and being so we are imperfect. Be happy with who you are and what you have.
following aimlessly, blindly
through forests smoldereing and black
puddles- milky with the resin of old
the shepherd named christ
and you are his sheep-

creeping,
pacing,
running...

unknown.
Quote by kikaykitko

I have scars on my shoulders from an ex missus. She was a crazy fuckin' bitch.
i have a scar above each eye. almost perfectly symmetrical (sp?). left eye, face-swing-log-chainsaw yea. right eye face-smash-kitchen counter
Quote by bequickorbedead
Definitely scary...

getting scars is more fun than giving them anyway.

although i prefer things which don't leave marks.
<//////>~ dA
Page 1 of 4