Anyone know if the Bugera 333XL Guitar Amplifier Head and the Bugera 412HBK Cab are big enough to play a crowd of about 60-70 people. And if they have really good high gain metal distortion?
Thead is fail, quit making them.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
For size, its actually probably overkill. You could get 60-70 people on a smaller tube amp. As far as distortion I'll let someone else answer that. I havent got a chance to use one yet.
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Dean ML Select
Customized Schecter Omen-6
Taylor 214e
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab
Cube 15
Vox Wah
Blues Driver BD-2

Quote by Chordzzz
can you fuсk it?

Quote by nebiru
Oh I will find a way.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Thead is fail, quit making them.

Kiss my ass. I'm just asking for a opinion, and if your not gonna give one then why waste your time, insulting me for no particular reason.
I have played an AC30 (30 watts in a 2x12) unmiked to a crowd of a bit over 100 and it was plenty loud. That would be wayyyyy overkill. You could probably cover 400 people with that, and even still when you would be playing to a crown that large you would be miked and the sound man would wind up hating you.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
I have played an AC30 (30 watts in a 2x12) unmiked to a crowd of a bit over 100 and it was plenty loud. That would be wayyyyy overkill. You could probably cover 400 people with that, and even still when you would be playing to a crown that large you would be miked and the sound man would wind up hating you.

Thank you for your input.
The one I tried blew out the whole store metaphorically on volume 2 so I would recommend something smaller.

As far as sound, it was a bit dry and rectifier-ish. It sounds like it didn't have much substance, but I didn't get to experiment with it very much before other customers (the staff loved my playing) started complaining about the volume hurting their ears and I hate antagonising people's hearing so I would try it first. Don't impulse buy an amp, it may be the worst decision you make. Alternative it could be the best. Bugera amps are spectacular for the price though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by stevenexp
people aready are returning them. Apparently they tend to explode.(not joking)
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1919528

After reading that thread, I'd say it's an overstatement saying "they tend to explode". One case where a cap exploded (...and the amp still worked? Wtf?), and the owner wants a new one instead of changing brand, plus he thinks it's because he didn't let the amp warm in peace (moisture inside the amp) after shipping.

But on the other hand, they do seem to have reliability issues. So if you don't want to risk it, I'd say get something else.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
That crowd might be upset when your capicators blow out.. I would get something lighter so when the crowd rush's you atleast you can throw it at them...

why are you bashing on this dudes question and being a smartass, the 2 amps you have listed are on the same level, i can say from expierence that the ****queen sucks majorly, and the rh100 well...any halfstack you can buy brandnew for 600 dollars speaks for it's self, but whatever all im tryin to say is don't talk **** about someone elses gear or gear they want to get especially if your **** isn't any better
Quote by Downer01
why are you bashing on this dudes question and being a smartass, the 2 amps you have listed are on the same level, i can say from expierence that the ****queen sucks majorly, and the rh100 well...any halfstack you can buy brandnew for 600 dollars speaks for it's self, but whatever all im tryin to say is don't talk **** about someone elses gear or gear they want to get especially if your **** isn't any better

Probally because everyone is getting tired of the Bugera stuff.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
My 333XL was a great-sounding amp....until it quit working. I almost missed the 30-day Return period. It really is too bad. This amp sounds much better than a 5150 imo, but reliability is non-existent. So I'm returning it and "settling" for a 5150.

I would advise everyone to steer clear of Bugera. And you can look at my posts and see I am not a hater for no reason. I loved it til it died.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Quote by Downer01

The hell are you talking about?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The hell are you talking about?

+1
EDIT: LOL

Bugeras actually have the ability to bleed when they die, its a design feature.

Some tribes in South America dip the tips of their arrows in Bugera blood because it is a powerful toxin which kills gorillas with ease.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 17, 2008,