I have the opportunity to purchase a Peavey Ultra. I believe this amp is the amp prior to the 5150 series, is it not?

How is it? How are the cleans, crunch, high-gain, etc on it?

What will it not do?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Ah the Ultra the poormans 5150... Its lacking a bit of the gain but from what i hear its really good amp...Cleans are decent as well...

Almost purchased one twice... actually..

Also you might not like the color changing light show when you switch channels. Some think its cool some hate it..
i think i've seen pics of the lights. It doesn't effect the sound, other then the channel switch, does it?

and by lacking the gain, do you mean it isn't as much gain as the 5150? as in it is perfectly acceptable? the 5150 gets really saturated at high gain levels.
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Last edited by Sendrith at Apr 1, 2008,
You also saw it on craiglist too?! (defiitely a good deal, but quite heavy... it's 2x12, isn't it?)
Oh well, you probably have more use than I do.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
yeah, love CL. seems like a good price, you think?
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Yes. Relatively speaking it's cheaper than that 300 YCV40 I saw a while a go.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Actually, the XXX replaced the Ultra, not the 5150.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I sold my 5150 and bought an Ultra Plus (not sure if this is a 2nd release) The Ultra has a more diverse and much better sound than the 5150. I haven't played a XXX.
i dunno, i've heard some good stuff about the ultra. but i have never actually seen or heard one before.

if at all possible just try it out to see if its to your liking.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.