Well, after Guitar Hero came out, people started to learn how to play the actual guitar after they played Guitar Hero.

so yeah, i guess guitar hero isn't that bad.
peanuts and beers
*reported*

There's currently already a 'is guitar hero good or bad' type thread, sorry :/
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
*sigh* ANOTHER one?

Guitar Hero is to guitar as Need for Speed is to driving a car. Who cares
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Maybe it's just the fact I played a game that if you reported someone, you were considered a douche. Kind of like when your in kindergarden and you tell the teacher on someone.

But damn these *reported* people are getting annoying? Are they told to do this? Just don't worry about it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by TheHereAway
evidence?

A friend of mine just got a Gibson Les Paul for his birthday, his first guitar. He could play most of guitar hero on expert.
But what if your using the steering whell controller and the Xbox plugged into a tv thats on your dashboard as you are driving?

also I agree with tr3nt or whatever his name is. If a thred has no point it'll die on its oown. hteres no need to be a whiny little b**** and report every pointless or copycat thread.
I actually fuckin' battled against Guitar Hero for such a long time. I mean, the entire premise of the game and the people who played it really pissed me off. But I came to realise that it's just a game, most, if not all of the people who play it realise that. Futhermore, after having some hands-on experience with the game, it's obvious that it bares only a small similarity to guitar and really does not give anyone the skills they need in order to master the real instrument.

Most of my friends say they play it purely because they want to imagine what it's like to play guitar without actually putting in the hours, which is fine. I play FPS because I want to experience (to a degree) what it's like to fight in a war, without ever enlisting in the army.

I don't see a problem with it. I actually aqcuired Guitar Hero myself about a week ago, and I'm ejoying my purchase. I'm a seasoned guitarist too, I've been playing guitar for a good few years, I just find enjoyment playing Guitar Hero.

It's funny, I can't play Guitar Hero on any difficulty except Expert. I fail all the time on easy, but I'm pretty good at Expert.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Leonheart
A friend of mine just got a Gibson Les Paul for his birthday, his first guitar. He could play most of guitar hero on expert.

that means he must be really good at real guitar 5 bottons on the controller as opposed to 140 notes on a real guitar lol.

:rollseyes:
song stuck in my head today

Quote by Leonheart

what a waste, did his parents think that because he was good at guitar hero, get him a good guitar because obviously he will instantly be amazing at real guitar or somethign?
guitar is becoming a FAD or TREND more than for the love of music.

i absolutely hate how if you mention guitar EVERYONE is like "HEY I PLAY GUITAR TOO!"

so imo, guitar hero just made it worse..
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
you guys are both dicks. maybe he like GH wanyted to learn real guitar so they got him one for his B-Day. Grow a pair of balls and quit degrading people you don't know.

P'od EDIT: Why are you guys so nasty? So what iff people play the guitar cuz of GH, if someone says "I play guitar too!" just say, oh thats cool and if you don't want to be a a-hole you could even go so afr to ask, what kind of music do you like to play and/or acoustic or electric, why? plus you might find someone wjho is truly interested in the guitar becauis if you ask stuff like that the poseres will just look like morons wjen they cant answer anything for real.
Last edited by BestBassistInMI at Apr 1, 2008,
Quote by BestBassistInMI
you guys are both dicks. maybe he like GH wanyted to learn real guitar so they got him one for his B-Day. Grow a pair of balls and quit degrading people you don't know.

i didnt say he didnt want to learn, not once. i just think its a waste to buy a guitar like that for his first guitar, what if he totally blew and gave up after a few months the money spent would be wasted...
Quote by GibsonRocker14

i absolutely hate how if you mention guitar EVERYONE is like "HEY I PLAY GUITAR TOO!"

You do realise that everybody who plays guitar, regardless of their skill level, has that same exact elitist reaction to that.

You're no better than anyone else. Many, many, many people play guitar, it's a popular hobby. Some enjoy it more than others, some excel at it more than others but everyone still has a right to do it. You can;t get pissed off at them for that.

Just take pride in the time and effort you've put into th instrument and what you've gained from that investment.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by GibsonRocker14
guitar is becoming a FAD or TREND more than for the love of music.

The electric guitar's been around for decades. Anyway, why do you care if it's a trend?

Quote by GibsonRocker14
i absolutely hate how if you mention guitar EVERYONE is like "HEY I PLAY GUITAR TOO!

Why? Because you want more attention focused on you so you can feel important because you play guitar? I thought you were in it for the love of music?
Quote by TheHereAway
what a waste, did his parents think that because he was good at guitar hero, get him a good guitar because obviously he will instantly be amazing at real guitar or somethign?

...He thought guitar hero was fun so he got a real guitar.

Man, you guys a dicks. Guitar isn't a club.
Quote by Garou1911
*sigh* ANOTHER one?

Guitar Hero is to guitar as Need for Speed is to driving a car. Who cares

i disagree, it is to guitar as GRAN TURISMO is to driving a car, need for speed is fun.
Quote by BestBassistInMI

you know what your right i an sorry no sarcasm

on second thought i think it's great that he would take time to enjoy real guitar. but my point stand with people thatbthink there awesome at GH.

someone i talked to actually said maybe one day you could make your own music wiht it and i lol sooo hard. he refused tpo play a real guitar idiot

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
*reported*

There's currently already a 'is guitar hero good or bad' type thread, sorry :/

you know for every thread you report, about 5 more UGer's hate you.
Quote by kamikaze_74
i disagree, it is to guitar as GRAN TURISMO is to driving a car, need for speed is fun.

i disagree grandturismo has actual car speed and physics hwere as need for sped does not these game such as flight simulator can help you become a better pilot or car driver 5 bottuns compared to 140 notes cannot

Quote by lbc_sublime
that means he must be really good at real guitar 5 bottons on the controller as opposed to 140 notes on a real guitar lol.

:rollseyes:

140 notes?

There's 12 and since you mean't frets. I doubt you use all of them on every string.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I never really got into the actual guitar parts of songs before I played Guitar Hero.
And GH2 got me into bass, I never even thought about the bass guitar before!
I actually play bass now! Well, I'm learning!
Also, I learned a lot of new songs from the games that I wouldn't've heard otherwise.
Quote by lbc_sublime
i disagree grandturismo has actual car speed and physics hwere as need for sped does not these game such as flight simulator can help you become a better pilot or car driver 5 bottuns compared to 140 notes cannot

did you just contradict yourself? how does gran turismo help you become a better car driver if you're just using a control pad?
Quote by lbc_sublime
you know what your right i an sorry no sarcasm

on second thought i think it's great that he would take time to enjoy real guitar. but my point stand with people thatbthink there awesome at GH.

someone i talked to actually said maybe one day you could make your own music wiht it and i lol sooo hard. he refused tpo play a real guitar idiot

Thank you, also i was prolly a little harsh, but that guy who said the thing about the making music w/ the controller is an idiot. that's stupid.