Page 1 of 7
Yea thats right, im a fairly big gamer and after rockin out i like to kick back and chill with my 360, so heres my opinion on the top 10 of all time. im basing this on sales, influence, and of course... fun. but mostly influence on the industry.

10. World of Warcraft
Every day, millions of people log onto the beautiful world of knights and dragons and goblins and whatever else the hell is on there (I dont play it myself) But WOW has dominated the MMO genre for years, and it still will for years to come. Its not a game, its a second life for those who dont have a first one.

9. Halo
Halo was an amazingly fun game. It introduced an amazingly fun trilogy in which the third topped any game ever made in sales.

8. Pac Man
Pac Man was a unique and influential game that had millions upon millions of people emptying their change out of their pockets and into a little metal slot. There wasnt a kid in the world who didnt want to take control of the little yellow fatass and steer him through his intense adventure.

7. Super Metroid
Super Metroid stuck with 2D when 3D was on the rise. And it contained some of the greatest graphics and most extensive levels seen yet, and pushing the power of the SNES to its limits, making it easily one of the greats.

6. Grand theft Auto 3
While the first two GTAs were simple and rather boring. The 3rd Grand theft auto shocked parents everywhere with its raw, shameless violence and intense gameplay and provoced more controversy than any other up to that point.
Players were free to roam around the city taking whatever car they wanted, shooting or slashing whoever they wanted, wherever they wanted. This brutal game set the stage for many many games that took after its raunchyness. (GTA 4+5, Saints Row, Yakuza and many more)

5. Tetris
The first ever truely popular puzzle game. Since tetris, hundreds and hundreds of games on every console and website imaginable have tried to feed off of its success. Tetris may be the most influencal game of all time.

4. Mario 64
Just when everyone had lost all hope in 3D gaming, along came Mario 64. It had controls as smooth as a baby's bottom and environments as beautiful as Jessica Alba.
The music was kickass, and everything about the game just ROCKED.

3. The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
This game not only reincarnated the beloved Link to 3D gaming and onto new consoles. It made it better. ALOT better. it paved the way for hundreds of 3D adventure RPGS and showed off the graphics power of the N64.

2. DOOM
The first ever decent first person shooter. period. The amount of great games followed and influenced by doom is unbelieveable!!!!! halo, gears of war, rainbow six, all the huge amount of WWII FPS out there, Area 51, Half Life, Half Life 2. and many many many many many many more. so influencial, If it wasnt for this game I would have nothing to play right now, including my fav. (Rainbow six Vegas 2)

1. Super Mario Bros.
Yep... you guessed it. The greatest game ever. Wanna know why? I will tell you why.
In a time when videogames flat out sucked. (Just take ET for example) Super Mario Bros. came along, and people gained faith in videogames. In its wake came more and more great NES games inspired by it. not to mention the 298437928547 other awesome mario games. Through hard work and determination, the little chubby Italian plumber has earned himself the biggest title in video game history

so thar you go. Ive got my flame proof jacket on. and some other ones that would have been closely following are: Civilization II, Street fighter II, Starcraft, Goldeneye, Super Mario 3 and God of War
I dont personally agree with that, but I also dont really like video games.

I'd have guild wars, guitar hero (Yeah, i know...), COD4 (on the 360, multiplayer ftw,), but then again, those are the only video games i've ever really gotten into. Oh, and Legend of the Dragoon.
I agree with most of the list, but I also understand that counterstrike would definately fit somewhere in there.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Super Mario Galaxy has to be the hands down most complete game ever made. It's breathatkingly amazing, I don't even like the Wii, but that game is perfect.
no metal gear? it started the whole stealth thing. half the games today use that in some form nt to mention gaomes like splinter cell where it is the whole game
Quote by alliwant
OK, I made a bet witht his guy I know, and I lost...I now have to swallow my own man juice...is there any risk like could I get any diseases from doing this? I'm a virgin so I have no STDs...I don't think...

Answers quickly please!

yeah GH or GHII should be on that list somehwere just because of the ****ing massive shockwave they've produced.
10 and 9 Need to get the hell of that list and be replased with Devil May Cry and maybe Mass Effect (anyone who mentions the sex scene is getting an E-Slap)

And I don't see a Sega Megadrive game on there, where the hell is Sonic?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
i can almost guarantee you that some prick is gonna say... *reported* in a minute and this is starting to get on my man tits.
I'd swap out Halo and gta3
switch Ocarina of Time for A Link To The Past
switch Mario 64 for 3

possibly swap in a square/enix game (Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior , not sure which was more important)
possibly put in Mortal Kombat (I forgot which one was the pioneer for parents and "blood = nop")

then I would say your list is somewhat 'effective'

edit:
Quote by strat335
i like it, but it's missing GOLDENEYE.

EH, I knew I forgot something.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Apr 1, 2008,
No Mario Kart 64? Super Smash Brothers? Sonic 3? Not even Goldeneye?

I suppose it is just an opinion after all. I respect your views, despite my disagreements.

EDIT:// God of War 2? Prince of Persia Trilogy? Those were some amazing games too dude...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by AsianShredder09
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for the Genesis = best game evar
Only if it's Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, where you attach the games together. Regardless, it's one of my favorites.

Although when you become Hyper Sonic, it isn't fun because everything is too easy.
Quote by The Madcap
YOU CAN BURN IN HELL!

For being too high or too low?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I would say my number 1 would have to be Counter Strike. Simply because it never ever gets boring. Everytime I get bored with it I find a new server or a whole new game type in general and then the game is brand new again
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
yeah star fox would have to be in there somewhere too
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by The Madcap
Too low.

Alright, cause then I would've gotten mad.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by 20cdndollars
I dont personally agree with that, but I also dont really like video games.

I'd have guild wars, guitar hero (Yeah, i know...), COD4 (on the 360, multiplayer ftw,), but then again, those are the only video games i've ever really gotten into. Oh, and Legend of the Dragoon.

I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
1.Super Mario Bros
2.Bioshock
3.Half Life
4.GTA 3
5.Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
6.Age of Empires
7.The Orange Box
8.Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
9.Halo 2
10.Call of duty 4

Honorable mention: World in Conflict
Not bad. You should put honorable mentions in there, like the Madden series or RE
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I read that about three times before thinking... "Hmmm, yeah, he actually did miss Morrowind".
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
here's my 10 (in no particular order)

10 legend of zelda majora's mask

9 conker's bad fur day

8 Pokemon Gold,Silver

7 Legend of Zelda Oracle Of Seasons

6 Legend of Zelda Oracle Of Ages

5. Banjo Kazooie

4 Donkey Kong Country 2

3. Banjo Tooie

1 Crash Bandicoot
Quote by Mike!
1.Super Mario Bros
2.Bioshock
3.Half Life
4.GTA 3
5.Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
6.Age of Empires
7.The Orange Box
8.Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
9.Halo 2
10.Call of duty 4

Honorable mention: World in Conflict

TES II and III are much better in my opinion

I think this is hella hard to do and actually get a list. There are too many games
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by chinkboy7

9 conker's bad fur day

8 Pokemon Gold,Silver

5. Banjo Kazooie

4 Donkey Kong Country 2

3. Banjo Tooie

1 Crash Bandicoot

Fanboy?
Quote by soupman634
banjo kazooie?

+1 That game was bloody awesome.

And I'm adding a few.

Starfox 64
Goldeneye
Final Fantasy XII
Star Wars Battlefront (Buggy yes. But it was at least a small part of what the fans wanted)
And Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

.. <waits for someone to flame>
Hurp De Durp
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
+1 That game was bloody awesome.

And I'm adding a few.

Starfox 64
Goldeneye
Final Fantasy XII
Star Wars Battlefront (Buggy yes. But it was at least a small part of what the fans wanted)
And Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

.. <waits for someone to flame>

LOL STARWARZ NERD

LAWL

I'm just kidding

no I'm not Teeheehehehehehe
Quote by chinkboy7

9 conker's bad fur day

8 Pokemon Gold,Silver

5. Banjo Kazooie

4 Donkey Kong Country 2

3. Banjo Tooie

1 Crash Bandicoot

Where's #2?
Quote by chinkboy7

9 conker's bad fur day

8 Pokemon Gold,Silver

5. Banjo Kazooie

4 Donkey Kong Country 2

3. Banjo Tooie

1 Crash Bandicoot

yes. OH YES.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by dark&broken
Where's #2?

oh sh*t didn't notice that

ok #2 sonic 3 and knuckles

happy now?
Halo is not one of the top ten greatest games of all time and Doom certainly doesn't trump OoT.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."