Would it be harder to date or have **** buddies or have friends in general if you listened to DM or any form of REAL metal? Because I notice my current friends find that music weird. And in general people think DM isn't even music and it takes no talent So how would this effect my life later? Would a girl I'm about to sex think "oh hell no he listens to this crap, I'm outta here" if she found out I liked DM or BM or any form of metal?
Well if she was shallow, then yeah she would probably leave you. Unless you rub it in peoples face, or dress like you listen to death metal, it shouldnt really effect your life
Chances are if your friends/girl you're about to fvck ditch you because of your musical preferences, you shouldn't be hanging out with/fvcking them in the first place.
I have a lot of friends and generally date a bit, but I play prog DM. They accept me, even though I play music they despise...seeing as one of my friends even plays tech death. If they're true friends, they won't give two ****s. People like Gaahl and Corpsegrinder have friends too

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by The Spoon
Well if she was shallow, then yeah she would probably leave you. Unless you rub it in peoples face, or dress like you listen to death metal, it shouldnt really effect your life

How are you suppose to dress if you like DM? Most bands I like I see them wearing normal stuff.
Quote by giantsfanftw
How are you suppose to dress if you like DM? Most bands I like I see them wearing normal stuff.

Well i wasnt really trying to single anyone out or anything, but im talking about long hair(not that its a bad thing), band t shirts with violentish images on them and font you cant read, and those huge chain parachute pants that i see some goths wear.
Quote by giantsfanftw

Whatever the **** you want
dude metal chicks are the coolist, **** what everyone else thinks, throw up your horns and grab a kick ass chick.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Real metal chicks are a ****ing rare find, though.

I know someone who likes brutal stuff like Cryptopsy, earlier Carcass, and most goregrind you throw at her, she's pretty cool.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by The Spoon
Well i wasnt really trying to single anyone out or anything, but im talking about long hair(not that its a bad thing), band t shirts with violentish images on them and font you cant read, and those huge chain parachute pants that i see some goths wear.

Oh well I definitely don't wear any of that stuff or have long hair. If somebody were to guess what I listen too, they'd probably say rap/r&b.
thats funny that your friends think DM takes no talent when they more than likely listen to rap or alternative rock. i knew a dude like that. use to tell me metal takes no talent, its just a guy screaming with loud guitars behind him... then he turned his car on and as he rode away i hear 50 cent

the only way anyone knows i like DM is because my shirts or they hear my music blaring. i dont like tatoos and piercings, i hate black pants, i usually wear my cut off jean shorts and a DM shirt everywhere I go. i do have long hair tho and im build like nathan explosion
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by rebeltildeth87
thats funny that your friends think DM takes no talent when they more than likely listen to rap or alternative rock. i knew a dude like that. use to tell me metal takes no talent, its just a guy screaming with loud guitars behind him... then he turned his car on and as he rode away i hear 50 cent

brainless fool.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
yah the chicks i've found that are closest to liking real metal are ones that listen to slayer or tons of punk... but its pretty hard to find good DM and BM chicks. although I think listening to metal, especially tech death and prog death is being more accepted by society, if not them liking it, at least them respecting people for their varied musical tastes. then again, i live in cali and don't give a f*** about if people don't like my music taste... its just their loss. haha.

i actually gave a speech in class about why Thrash metal is awesome. oh yah.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

This smells like a Pit thread to me...
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by rebeltildeth87

the only way anyone knows i like DM is because my shirts or they hear my music blaring. i dont like tatoos and piercings, i hate black pants, i usually wear my cut off jean shorts and a DM shirt everywhere I go. i do have long hair tho and im build like nathan explosion

Ya my history class was talking about DM the other day. They were saying "ah all they do is growl the whole song. That **** takes no talent." I just sat there nodding my head.

If only Muhammed Suiçmez had been in the room
He would've been all like

"Muhammed hungry!"

then open wide and devour them all... (if you get the reference, you get one e-respect point)

But, seriously, some people are just stupid, makes me wonder why I deal with them (and, why I have it in for scenester chicks )

Quote by eggsandham2
I do not know anybody who has looked differently at me when they found out I listen to death metal.

Quote by bootyguard
i actually gave a speech in class about why Thrash metal is awesome. oh yah.

Oooh! How was it?
everyone knows those girls don't exist. and TS most women don't give a ****. if she says something just give her the backhand
(jk)
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
He would've been all like

"Muhammed hungry!"

then open wide and devour them all... (if you get the reference, you get one e-respect point)

But, seriously, some people are just stupid, makes me wonder why I deal with them (and, why I have it in for scenester chicks )

ROFL

I would LOVE to see that. Then he pulls a guitar out of nowhere and starts playing Foul Body Autopsy... what a badass

Muhammed
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by TranquilNight
I do not know anybody who has looked differently at me when they found out I listen to death metal.

I find that suprising. Most people I meet find it really weird when they find out anyone listens to death metal, though they always think of Slayer.

Also, this is kinda just another "Im misunderstood cause I like metal" thread. Maybe we should have an official, "Im Misunderstood cause I like Metal" thread
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
I find people look at me the same way when I tell them I listen to metal as to when I tell them I'm an athiest.

Weird, I know. But it's always the same reaction.
Quote by metal7690
I find people look at me the same way when I tell them I listen to metal as to when I tell them I'm an athiest.

Weird, I know. But it's always the same reaction.

When I tell them I'm atheist, they say, "high five, brother!" or they don't care
When I tell people I'm Thelematic/Polytheistic they go

or

Quote by eggsandham2
None of the people I know care or at least give the impression that they care.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace