so i have a weight bar, 2 10's and 2 5's. and it is taking a very long time for me to put on much mass. i have the eating part right. lots of meat, healthy stuff, water, all that stuff. so. what im asking is, without a wieght bench, what are some good exercises to get the arms and chest. i have curls, vertical press, and inverted pushups. any others that i missed? i do have bad knees. (osgood schlatters) (sp?) so nothing that requiers much movement of the knees. anyone got some good ones, ooh, and for the abs. no search bar jokes either. thanks.
Please don't use the internet to show off.

So this guy named Search walks into a bar.............
Quote by Mike!
Please don't use the internet to show off.

So this guy named Search walks into a bar.............

what? i wasnt. i dont have a gym nearby so i have to make one at home. ooh, nice joke btw. i laughed
Seriously, nothing beats sit-ups followed by push ups.

They've been around this long for a reason.
sigh...
Abs -

If you've got a bit of extra pudge you wanna get rid of there, you wanna do cardio. This will also help make the muscles more visible for showing off =P Since you've got bad knees, swimming is a very good option. Aside from that, the general leg lifts (for lower abs), crunches (try adding variety and working different parts of your abs by moving the position of your legs.. having them bent and to your chest will get your upper abs, legs more stretched out away from you is for middle, and straight up in the air would be upper), plank (doing the plank correctly is killer for abs and back), etc

I cant help with arms Most girls dont try to bulk those up haha
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

try getting heavier weights unless ur realy small 10s and 5s probaly wont do it. get something that you find realy hard to lift as in something that you could only lift 8-12 times before setting it down. keep doing sets of 8-12 of that until u cant lift anymore and then move to a lighter wait and repeat
Tim Henson 08

Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
You don't need a bench to do benchpresses. Well technically you do, but still, just lay on the ground, get someone to bring the bar from above you, grab it, do some reps, and let them put it back on the ground behind you.

And my biology teacher told me that the way muscles are build is when you do so many reps that there is no more oxygen left in the muscles so it has to use lactic acid to do the final rep, causing damage to the muscle and breaking fibers, then you eat protein, and it builds more on top of the damaged. So do reps and add weight until your muscles feel like they are about to collapse.
Last edited by johnpetrucci05 at Apr 1, 2008,
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
what? i wasnt. i dont have a gym nearby so i have to make one at home. ooh, nice joke btw. i laughed

I was kidding. there's this guy on another forum that said the same stuff and one other member was actually one of his classmates, so he posted pics of him. Let's just say that he wasn't very buff.

Because I was kind of an asshole, i give you this!