Hey, I just got protools with my minibox 2, and I have vista and it says that I just have XP with sp 2, I have no idea what to do Ihave no XP disc or anything
Last edited by Deadmen at Apr 1, 2008,
Oooooh, that hurts.

Luckily my tape machine doesn't care what operating system I have.

Seriously though, I'd just look for another program. Most of them run on Vista.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
ok, so now i ****ing tried to use it anyways, so I plugged it into y ****ing coputer, and it's telling me to put in a disk to install this ****. ut it didn't come with one. wtf.
Quote by Deadmen
Hey, I just got protools with my minibox 2, and I have vista and it says that I just have XP with sp 2, I have no idea what to do Ihave no XP disc or anything

yea you need to run PT with windows XP. I got a demo for PT with my 2496 card and could not load it to try it out.

anyways I think you can still record with Reaper which is free and very useful.

You should have looked up the specs before going and buying your product, the #1 think you can do to save money before spending is research.
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 2, 2008,
I know m-audio has great drivers but the problem he is having is the software, protools software is not compatible with vista at this time.
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 3, 2008,
To get an upgrade for Pro Tools, register your MBox on Digi's site, and you should get the free upgrade for LE 7.4 which is the only Vista compatible version; I had the same problem when I got mine. Any questions, just PM me or post here if it's easier
Quote by Deadmen

Good job randomly buying something without knowing how it works! If your knowledge of recording is that limited, i would reccomend just using a free software, learn more about recording, then get something better. protools is a marketing masterpeice, they have the hobbyist engineer in the palm of their hand. protools is a very thick program, it takes years to master.
It should come with a disk and ALL the right cards.

The only confusing part is that sometimes the codes you're asked for are worded differently.

Can you get a return on it?