i originally accidentally posted this under the pit.. my bad. but....

im getting a new guitar saturday, but it has to be under 500 dollars. i've been thinking about a MIM tele or strat, a gretsch electromatic corvette, or a gibson melody maker.

im not sure though. please give me some ideas. no superstrat or metal guitars ( ESP, Dean, Schecter, Jackson, etc.)

thanks.
The MIM Tele's and strat's are great. I would also look used though. Keep your eyes peeled for Cort's, Agile's, Hamer's, etc..

Check out Ashlands too. You could get 3 or 4 Ashlands for that much. Plus, the colors are awesome. My favorite is either the blue or the green.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Check out Laguna brand if you go to guitar center. Best bang for your buck IMO. Great feel, tone, features, really great guitar, check it out.
My Gear:
-Laguna LE322
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
-Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
-Yamaha Bass (Idk what model)

To Get:
-New Humbucker Pickups
Well what are you playing?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i think some of the PRS SE series is under 500. depends where you are though. but they're great guitars, i personally recommend the Soapbar Maple II. I have one, and i've never been disappointed.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Agile PS-1000 possibly? I have one; Practically unbeatable for the $350 price tag.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
i play alt rock, garage rock, mostly... kind of like the white stripes, the raconteurs, some nirvana. i also like playing classic rock, led zeppelin, cream, etc., but i would also like to have the versatility in my guitar of playing hard rock, like acdc, and gnr...

the guitar doesnt have to be like exactly 500... it can be a little over, but not any higher than 550....
Quote by highroller540
i play alt rock, garage rock, mostly... kind of like the white stripes, the raconteurs, some nirvana. i also like playing classic rock, led zeppelin, cream, etc., but i would also like to have the versatility in my guitar of playing hard rock, like acdc, and gnr...

the guitar doesnt have to be like exactly 500... it can be a little over, but not any higher than 550....

Agile PS-1000 honestly sounds like your best bet here. The pickups are voiced very well and the workmanship is excellent. You can send the guitar back to rondomusic if you don't like it anyway, so there's no real way to lose.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
Agile PS-1000 honestly sounds like your best bet here. The pickups are voiced very well and the workmanship is excellent. You can send the guitar back to rondomusic if you don't like it anyway, so there's no real way to lose.

The PS-1000 isn't in stock right now.

There's this though.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product812.html

Closest thing to it besides the 4000.
I really think it depends on what you've been playing. I was playing a Strat knock-off for the longest time before I went to go get a new one. I intended on getting an Epiphone SG but I ended up with a MIM HSS Strat.
the main reason im getting this guitar is not because im sick of my old one, but its more of like a step up/backup guitar... lots of the songs my bands been playing are in e flat, yet a lot are also in standard. so yeah... but i really like my pimped out squier jagmaster. i put in seymour duncan pickups, and and upgrading to locking tuning machines soon.

but how about the MIM fenders... are they any good? im not sure about the agile's though... my buddy has one, and i didnt like them too much.
well for a backup guitar, I would suggest a guitar that's different and a little bit of something you've always wanted to try. If I would you, I would try and get one of those ESP KH-202 Kirk Hammett guitars. I've always wanted one but I've never had the balls to get one.
no man... i really dont want like a super strat or metal guitar.... im aiming for a total straight forward garage rock/ alt rock sound... so you know, a kirk hammet esp wouldn't suit that (although i am sure it is a great guitar for metal).
I'm pretty fond of my G-400, maybe you'll find one you like? I've been interested in trying a Jagmaster for awhile, I take it you'd recommend one?

Don't underestimate the versatility of superstrats, I pretty much only use my Kramer for shoegazy stuff.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
I'm pretty fond of my G-400, maybe you'll find one you like? I've been interested in trying a Jagmaster for awhile, I take it you'd recommend one?

Don't underestimate the versatility of superstrats, I pretty much only use my Kramer for shoegazy stuff.

Yeah, Jagmasters are really awesome. i got mine last year around january... it sounds great... i was kind of dissapointed with the pickups, but that was easily fixed by a set of seymour duncans.

but yeah. their really cool, the neck is great, the tremolo system is pretty good, doesnt go out of tune too often. i wrote a review on it here.

h ttp://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/squier/jagmaster/

and you can see my playing it here.

h ttp://youtube.com/watch?v=zCnCePrf7vY

remove the spaces.
Quote by biased644
I thought Schecters were pretty versatile...feel free to correct me.

+1, they are indeed my friend. go and try one out, you won't be disappointed.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.