Ok, so Zakk Wylde had a guitar made a while back, known as the Muddy Bullseye which was made by Dean. They also have a guitar know as the Splitail, which is basically the same thing. Im pretty sure that this guitar was designed by Dime, but now Gibson is releasing a new custom guitar known as the Z-V, or Zakk V which is nearly idetical, and Zakk claims to have come up with this design himself. Is Zakk stealing his dead buddies ideas?

http://www.modernguitarist.com/rock/zakk-wylde-gibson-zv/
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Does it matter if he is dead?
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
It's a really ugly guitar too..
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Nah, it's completely different to the Razor.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by shakes23
Does it matter if he is dead?

No, it matters that he's using a design that he made and is claiming it as his own.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Nah, it's completely different to the Razor.

Hmm, so you didn't read it too carefully. I said the Muddy Bullseye.
Quote by severed-metal

not like it was hard to come up with

"hey you know'd look cool? If we took the top half of an SG, and the bottom have a RR"
"I play guitar" - Me
razorback =pointy ML=pointy(V+explorer)

split tail= SG + V

completely different thing.

EDIT:
Quote by Rhyan_EG

I thought the muddy bullseye was just a bullseye razorback?

anyway the splittail was a ZW design.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yahaahhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhh DEAN SHOULD SUE THOSE GREEDY BASTARDS AT GIBSON!!!

ITS PAYBACK TIME!
Quote by Rhyan_EG

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

They're all just different modifications of the flying V shape. None of them are exactly the same.

I must've missed what you were getting at in your original post.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Well the first one he had, Dime had made just for Zakk bacause they used to give guitars to each other all the time. And a lot of times when you have a contract with someone, you just end up doing what they say to do, so it might not have even been his idea.
the thread title made me lol
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
When you make your career on drowning your music with pinch harmonics and soloing over the same scale over and over again, especially a sound as cliche as the pentatonic scale, you're nothing special.

btw, looks slightly different.
Quote by dagget
When you make your career on drowning your music with pinch harmonics and soloing over the same scale over and over again, especially a sound as cliche as the pentatonic scale, you're nothing special.

btw, looks slightly different.

Black Label Society is my favorite band, and I will agree that Zakk does use excessive pinch harmonics and pentatonic scales, but if you listen to his acoustic work, it's incredible. His solos in "Book Of Shadows" are all awsome. Youve got to admit that he puts alot of passion into his playing though, you can just feel the power in his playing in the solo on "Last Goodbye".
Quote by Rhyan_EG
Ok, so Zakk Wylde had a guitar made a while back, known as the Muddy Bullseye which was made by Dean. They also have a guitar know as the Splitail, which is basically the same thing. Im pretty sure that this guitar was designed by Dime, but now Gibson is releasing a new custom guitar known as the Z-V, or Zakk V which is nearly idetical, and Zakk claims to have come up with this design himself. Is Zakk stealing his dead buddies ideas?

http://www.modernguitarist.com/rock/zakk-wylde-gibson-zv/

The Muddy Bullseye sounds like a euphemism for an anus.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
i don't think it matters too much. I think its a bit out of his hands when it comes down to him. He'll probably treasure the original dean anyway. And the story on that one is pretty vauge. Zakk and him could've been just messing around and Zakk goes "you know a SG flying v mix would look cool", then dime gets dean to make it and he gives it to him as a gift. The interview on the site you linked it seems like the companies just handle most of it. That said, he probably should've at least screened the MG ads.
Quote by Aquaman788
Black Label Society is my favorite band, and I will agree that Zakk does use excessive pinch harmonics and pentatonic scales, but if you listen to his acoustic work, it's incredible. His solos in "Book Of Shadows" are all awsome. Youve got to admit that he puts alot of passion into his playing though, you can just feel the power in his playing in the solo on "Last Goodbye".

plus the last album and the ozzy album were REALLY toned down in the p harmonics.
yeah... they dont look alike at all.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by Bayonetwork

Agreed.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Zakk isn't a douche,he's just overrated.

/thread
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Pretty sure Dime designed Zakk a Razorback, not that monstrosity....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
that guitar looks ridiculously small on zakk. i like the design, whoever created it.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Bayonetwork

That was exactly what I was thinking.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by Bayonetwork

Maybe cuz Zakk likes 1/4 inch inputs inserted in his Muddy Bullseye?
something tells me dime wouldn't care too much

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Quote by Bayonetwork

Which is fitting, considering it looks like ass.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Yeah, even though I could care less about Zakk Wylde and Dimebag as musicians and "luthiers", I saw that guitar in a 2006 or 2007 issue of Guitar World.

Zakk didn't design it himself. It was designed by Dimebag before he died FOR Zakk. Zakk may have done a few changes, but he didn't design it all.

*shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20