Riff I(verse)

|---------------------------------|
|----10-9-12-10-12h14p12-10h12p10-|
|-000--0-0--0--0------------------|

How do you pick between the E and A strings while keeping the speed of the riff and making the notes on the E string sound chunky (I know about palm muting..)

BTW this is the first riff of Closed Casket Requiem by Black Dahlia Murder.
keep the low string palm muted and down pick the a string and up pick the low one.
palm mute the E string and the rest play it normally... i usually use alternate picking when doing that kind of palm muted riffs but some people just like to do it downstroke all the time
Quote by mr.shred
keep the low string palm muted and down pick the a string and up pick the low one.

+1
Quote by cedaguol
palm mute the E string and the rest play it normally... i usually use alternate picking when doing that kind of palm muted riffs but some people just like to do it downstroke all the time

It's in he way to find it easier for you. I use only downstrokes. I can do it also with alternate picking, but i find it more comfortable the other way. Find your way. A good song to practice this is "Unholly Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold. And if u want something more xtreme in the type: "When All Light Dies" by Trivium.

It takes time, but after it, it's a cake!
yeah but when I do it the E string sounds all dead and stuff =/ I palm mute at the regular pressure I always do though.