Ok I need some help. I have been playing for about a year now maybe 3-4 hours a day on weekdays and pretty much the whole day on weekends and I think I'm getting pretty good. Now I'm thinking about getting this amp but I want to you your opinions on it. I need to also know a distortion pedal I should get for it. If this help I and planning on getting a BC Rich Metal Master Warlock. I want to have a Metallica like sound. I have a EHX Metal Muff right now so I need to know if I should keep this or get a different one. Thanks for your help.
Don't buy it; it's basically a loud practice amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The bigger spider III's have more tonal control than their lesser counterparts, I think you'll like it, btu really nothing beats a good distortion. Get a hughes and kettner warp, they rue, and are very versatile.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
wdo NOT get that amp. its a bad peice of kit. get the peavey valveking 212. better for metal. better all round. i hate my spider iii 75.
roland cube 60....

or ANY tube amp you could get at that price will be better than the spider III
I have on. I think it sounds great, I meant, can't compare to a good tube amp, but for the price I believe it's the best out there.
Ibanez...and Tama drums...are the coolest.
Ok how bout you guys help me with this. I might buy a Roland cube 30W or else I need to know a really good metal amp for 250 or under.
Quote by just17n8
roland cube 60....

or ANY tube amp you could get at that price will be better than the spider III

+infinity
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
wow, 3-4 hours a day. dude u got a job, a life, a freind. I would love to play that much but can usually only play an hour or two maybe 3 weekdays, and then an afternoon on the weekend. i am not a year yet, and am only ok. does one really need to play this much to become a great player? or does it just quicken the process?? right now i just cant find that much time in life to play. maybe if i was still in school, but now with jobs and life it is a no go. Anyone want to agree with me, or not???
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by cedaguol
valvetronix...

q dice el unico maracucho en UG?
Quote by I<3Pie
I have on. I think it sounds great, I meant, can't compare to a good tube amp, but for the price I believe it's the best out there.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

WRONG
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by ehwalled
wow, 3-4 hours a day. dude u got a job, a life, a freind. I would love to play that much but can usually only play an hour or two maybe 3 weekdays, and then an afternoon on the weekend. i am not a year yet, and am only ok. does one really need to play this much to become a great player? or does it just quicken the process?? right now i just cant find that much time in life to play. maybe if i was still in school, but now with jobs and life it is a no go. Anyone want to agree with me, or not???

Hey.. what did I do to you..... Im only 14 I have a life. I do good at school and everything. I just like to play because I have nothing else to do... I just want to get some good gear so I can sound better and get farther.
and should I use my metal muff with the roland? or shouldi need something like the Boss Metalzone Mt2. I really want a tight sound but have lots of distortion.
the roland by it self has a awesome metal tone with the "R-fier" mode!

i have the cube 60... the only thing bad on it is the Delay... really boring and short... but id never use a distortion pedal with it...

EDIT: FOR **** SAKE DO NOT BUY A METALZONE PEDAL!!
Ok thank you for thehelp. I really dont know what im talking about :P.. well whats a r'ifier?
its a mode that comes in the roland cubes (i have the 60 so i asume it comes with the lower ones too) that has amazing metal tone... when dialed up right you get that prog. metal "dream thater" kind of tone out of it... i love that stuff
Quote by just17n8
q dice el unico maracucho en UG?

ahahahaha xD verga yo si creo... faltan venezolanos en UG
Quote by Bvajgrt94
Hey.. what did I do to you..... Im only 14 I have a life. I do good at school and everything. I just like to play because I have nothing else to do... I just want to get some good gear so I can sound better and get farther.

I hear ya. If you're 14, you can't get a job legally, can you?

I play usually 1-2 hours a day and it works for me. Not sure why he cares. I maintain good grades and have a job. It's not hard to make time for guitar playing.
Quote by sg622
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

WRONG

...I just said it's my opinion. I can tell a difference between my Line 6 and good tube amps, and some other Solid State amps, but alot of Randall tube amps, and other amps people make out to be great, are twice the price of the Line 6 and don't compare, IN MY OPINION. You don't have to like it. It's just my opinion.
check out blackheart tubes. They're pretty good for their size. Plus they have a new 15 watt head comin out in may
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I hear ya. If you're 14, you can't get a job legally, can you?

I play usually 1-2 hours a day and it works for me. Not sure why he cares. I maintain good grades and have a job. It's not hard to make time for guitar playing.

well i can get summer jobs and stuff... Im really working hard because my parents will not pay for anything. I can easily make 500 detaslleing here in Iowa and that much at this other job I wanted.
Quote by I<3Pie
...I just said it's my opinion. I can tell a difference between my Line 6 and good tube amps, and some other Solid State amps, but alot of Randall tube amps, and other amps people make out to be great, are twice the price of the Line 6 and don't compare, IN MY OPINION. You don't have to like it. It's just my opinion.

IN MY OPINION you are 100% WRONG
its a terrible amp. the 15 watt is alright for a practice amp. but anything more than that is terrible and ESPECIALLY for the price.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I hate my Spider amp...my god damn Roland Micro Cube gets better sound then that piece of ****.

My advice, buy yourself a new amp.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
yanno, I really do believe that if Line 6 came out with a new amp that sounded just as good as say, a Mesa Boogie, or a nice Laney, for half the price, people would still not buy it for the name Line 6. (I'm not saying the ones they have now sound that good, or anywhere near it...)