Pearl Jam
64 65%
R.E.M.
34 35%
Voters: 98.
THIS IS NOT A VS. THREAD!
let me repeat
THIS IS NOT A VS. THREAD!
In june, both Pearl Jam and R.E.M. are coming to philly. My dad said he would take me to one of there shows. Now UG, help me pick, which one?
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Pearl Jam > R.E.M.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
I've never heard R.E.M., but I have heard Pearl Jam and I dislike them to say the least. I recommend R.E.M. (hehe, does it stand for rapid eye movement?)
Since its a vs. Thread, the obvious choice is Pearl Jam. ba dum chhhhh
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
pearl jam mainly because their song Jeremy is an ingenious song that sadly (emotionalwise) is based on his own life (i think if it's not his life it's based on fact though)
If it was about 10 years ago I'd say R.E.M, but now I'd say Pearl Jam
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Pearl Jam easily, they kick ass live
The difference between a man who runs 4.4 and and a man who runs a 4.5 is 12 inches.

The difference between a man who gives it his all for his team and a man who doesn't is a mile.
I've never seen REM but Pearl Jam are great live. I went to their last concert in Toronto and Vedder says "I'm not leaving until I finish this bottle of wine." They played for 2 extra hours. Officials were trying to get them off stage every once in a while. It was pretty awesome. If he doesn't have a bottle of wine in his hand, something is wrong.
R.E.M x1000000000000000. They're playing with Modest Mouse and The National too. I won't respect you if you go to Pearl Jam.
Quote by chinkboy7
pearl jam mainly because their song Jeremy is an ingenious song that sadly (emotionalwise) is based on his own life (i think if it's not his life it's based on fact though)

Alive is semi-autobiographical.

And Jeremy certainly predicted things to come when you take the video into account.

Anyways, go see Pearl Jam. They're the only band on my "too see before I die" list that I haven't seen yet.
Quote by chinkboy7

wow.i have that song playing right now. yea id choose to go see pearl jam over rem anyday.and jeremy is based off some kid that was bullied an dkilled himself. it was on the news or somehting, and im guessing his name was jeremy.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Alive is semi-autobiographical.

And Jeremy certainly predicted things to come when you take the video into account.

Anyways, go see Pearl Jam. They're the only band on my "too see before I die" list that I haven't seen yet.

i wasn't going for autobiographical I was going for lyrical content I would have never thought about writing a song that's lyrically amazing as Jeremy
Quote by Timothym
I've never heard R.E.M., but I have heard Pearl Jam and I dislike them to say the least. I recommend R.E.M. (hehe, does it stand for rapid eye movement?)

Michael Stipe just picked a random abbreviation out of the dictionary.

And I recommend REM personally.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
"is based on his own life" I usually take as "at least partially biographical"

did you read either of my posts correctly I meant I thought that the lyrics in Jeremy were ingenious I could care less if it was autiobiographical or not.
Pearl Jam, dude. R.E.M. is good but Pearl Jam completely beats the crap out of them.
Signature temporarily empty
Pearl Jam
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Rem
Rem
Rem
Rem
Rem
Rem
Rem
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Pearl Jam! I fail to see the need to even think about it.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
I've seen Pearl Jam 3 times so I'd say REM because I haven't seen them once..but REM all the members are in their 50's now so I am not sure how lively the show would be..probably just more reminiscing of the hits etc.
Pearl Jam, by far. R.E.M. is okay, but Pearl Jam just blows them out of the water.
pearl jam > REM

Pearl Jam, I would pick.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Quote by Broken_Drum
Why are you asking what other people think? Surely you can make up your mind for yourself instead of relying on others opinions.
with the internet theres no need to think for yourself, duh.
I have no opinion on this matter.