Have had mine for a few months now great little practice amp. I am going to upgrade the speaker tho to an eminence. You will like it. Review it after you have had it for a while.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
How do these compare to microcubes?
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
These have always fascinated me.
I never like having digital anything on my main performing amps, but I may get that one for practice or just to cart around and jam with other guitarists.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have both amps and while I love my microcube, it obviously isn't comparable to the scxd as far as tone. the scxd has that great fender clean sound when you want it, and a nice overdriven tone when you crank it, and thats just on channel one. Channel two gives you 16 different amp models where as the microcube has about 6. I mainly play in the house where the microcube is more than adequate, but since picking up the champ, I havn't played the cube since. For $299, it's tough to find a tube amp any better. Also, if your wondering if it is too digital sounding like some hybrids, it's not. Highly recommended.
Hows the distortion on it? I'm really interested in one of these as my first tube amp. Its seems like it would be good for my apartment. I dont need anything wallshakingly loud.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Roland MicroCube
It depends on how heavy you want it. Its a fender so of course it wont be a super crunch machine, but on the metal(2 different options) and the fender hot rod setting(3 options, overdriven, high gain, and more gain) It has the tones to satisfy just about anyone, and do it at fairly low volumes, like an apartment. So to answer your question, unless your into super heavy death metal distortion, they are quite good. One other thing, I have had a chance to play with a few pedals, and it takes them very well, just in case you cant find a tone you like with the built in features.
My guitar teacher has one, it's awesome, but surprisingly enough, he tinkered ,somehow, with my Marshall mg30 and it sounds twice as loud and has twice the tone and quality. i thought marshall mg's sucked!
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
I have one and LOVE it - I play mostly blues, though - so not sure about the metal sounds.

it's the 4th amp this year I have gone through and this is my perfect practice amp.

I can't find the foot-switch for it, so let me know if anyone know where I can buy one.
SRV R.I.P.
Welp I pretty sure I'm sold now. Thanks for the info. Because I'm also learning blues on top of metal. So it has good clear cleans and it can take pedals if I can't find the metal im looking for. Sounds like what I'm looking for. Now if I can find one in my area.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Roland MicroCube
Yeah, i'm probably gonna end up buying one of these.
Probably once I drop my cash on a Ceriatone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by dpv
I have one and LOVE it - I play mostly blues, though - so not sure about the metal sounds.

it's the 4th amp this year I have gone through and this is my perfect practice amp.

I can't find the foot-switch for it, so let me know if anyone know where I can buy one.

I think I read somewhere in a review on musicians friend that they dont even make foot-switches for it dont quote me though.
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
The Fender Super Champ XD is incredible for the price. I don't need another amp, but I'm about to pick one up anyway. It's so tempting.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
The Fender Super Champ XD is incredible for the price. I don't need another amp, but I'm about to pick one up anyway. It's so tempting.

hey since you got one, you could tell me this. How loud does it get? when I tried it at our local music store I didn't crank it.
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
hey since you got one, you could tell me this. How loud does it get? when I tried it at our local music store I didn't crank it.

I don't have one. The only tube amp I currently own is a Peavey Classic 50. It's 15 watts which is 70% as loud as 50 watts, and I can tell you that I've never been able to crank my Classic even close to 70% of the way at home or jam sessions. I'm yet to gig with it, but I'm willing to bet you'll be absolutely fine with 15 watts of tube power. You'll actually have a usable wattage at small shows to get the power tubes cooking, so you'll have a better live tone than the hotheaded local bands that think they need half stacks to be cool. Any bigger of a gig, and you'll be miked anyway. Ideally, even at small shows you'll be miked up if the place values sound quality at all, so wattage really isn't an important factor at all.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Plenty loud and I have used it as a preamp into a lonestar. You can order the pedal direct from Fender.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Yes they do get plenty loud and surprisingly the stock speaker handles it very well up untill about 10 on the volume. I hang around the fender discussion forum a lot(thats how I was sold on it) and a popular mod is to add an eminence rajin cagun speaker($65) and they claim it gets even louder and improves tone across the board. Something I will probably do eventually but for now I am completely happy. Bought mine from musicians friend but was a little hesitant having never played one, but I was definetly not dissapointed. Besides, if within 45 days you decide you dont like it, return it.
Quote by darthbuttchin

thanks for the link, I live in the US but was able to use it to track down that it's the same pedal that comes bundled with the Fender FM65DSP.

only store in the US that sells it is elderlyinstruments.

if you ever plan to buy this amp, then bookmark this page:

http://elderly.com/also/accessories/items/FFS18.htm

no stores by me have this amp to demo for some reason, not sure if they are being discontinued or just in high demand.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by dpv
thanks for the link, I live in the US but was able to use it to track down that it's the same pedal that comes bundled with the Fender FM65DSP.

only store in the US that sells it is elderlyinstruments.

if you ever plan to buy this amp, then bookmark this page:

http://elderly.com/also/accessories/items/FFS18.htm

no stores by me have this amp to demo for some reason, not sure if they are being discontinued or just in high demand.

Lol, I live like 15 minutes from Elderly.
They sell everything...

Luckily, they have the XD, so i'll give it a shot when I go in on Tuesdays (after school I go in and try out amps).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator