alright..

well, basically, recently I bought a Pedal board for all of my pedals of course, but whenever i play at any gigs, i equalize all of the volumes on my pedals so that they fit with the sound system that the venue has, so all of my pedals are on equal volume.

Half-way through a gig, i find that my sound isn't as loud as it used to be, and i find the sound tech guy telling me to put the volume higher. What's going on if i equalized all of my pedals to the same volume in the beginning? I never mess around with the volume on my amp, and this usually happens during band practice as well. Anyone know what is happening?

by the way, here are the pedals i own and have connected onto my pedal board which powers everything up:

-Big Muff
-Jekyll and Hyde: Overdrive & Distortion combo
-Boss Flanger
-Boss Super Chorus
-Metal Muff

I notice that the sound of my Big Muff seems to be the one the lowers in volume the fastest. My Jekyll and Hyde seems fine, at least the overdrive sounds fine, but the Metal Muff has the same problem as my Big Muff, the volume decreases half-way through my gig, so i end up using my overdrive in the end. I really want to fix this as soon as possible, it's really getting on my nerves because everything seems fine in the beginning, then in the end everything sounds so low in volume, except for the overdrive half on my Jekyll and Hyde.

Can anyone help?
Are you sure it's not just the other stuff getting louder? For example, a tube guitar amp will get a bit louder after it's been on for a while. It could also be because both the Big Muff and Metal Muff can sometimes have trouble cutting through the mix depending on how you use them, and it might be even more difficult to hear it after your hearing has adjusted to the loud sounds around you. The guitar is a mids based instrument, you need mids to cut through.

Also, what do you mean by:
i equalize all of the volumes on my pedals so that they fit with the sound system that the venue has, so all of my pedals are on equal volume

How exactly are you setting this up? You should set the volume of the amp to whatever you want it at, and then adjust your pedals after the amplifier.
Are you using batteries? Because if I'm not wrong, the less power left in the battery the lower the output of the pedal.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Quote by Codebreaker19
i equalize all of the volumes on my pedals so that they fit with the sound system that the venue has, so all of my pedals are on equal volume.

find the settings that you like on all your pedals and leave them there. your amp has a volume knob. use that to set your volume since that is what its for.
Quote by matthewchj
Are you using batteries? Because if I'm not wrong, the less power left in the battery the lower the output of the pedal.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking when I read your post.
umm, My pedal board powers up my pedals so they don't use batteries

All of my cables are new, i bought them about 2-3 weeks ago

and what i meant by I "equalize all of the volumes on my pedals so that they fit with the sound system that the venue has, so all of my pedals are on equal volume " is that i have all of the volumes on my pedals equal so they all have the same volume in the beggining and sound at the same volume range, they're all of equal volume whenever i switch them on.

I'm going to try working with each one seperatly maybe it's just one pedal affecting everyhting, but thanks a lot for the help.

-Codebreaker19
Last edited by Codebreaker19 at Apr 2, 2008,