So, I decided to throw together a project P. Got me a body, lookin for suggestions on P/U's, necks, etc.. But i'm mostly looking for P/U and neck ideas. What better place to ask for advise than from all of my friends in the UG bass forum!

p.s. Im definetly slappin a Jazz neck on her.

here she is..............http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170206013046&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007
If you want a bright punky / alternative sound, go for the SD Quarter pounders. I put a set on my all maple P bass clone and damn, that bass is bright and loud now.
Outside of SD Quarter Pounders, how 'bout EMG? Maybe route the body for a P/J pickup set or P/MM set?

Neckwise, I think you should like one of these.

Neck wood:Goncalo Alves or Flame/Birdseye Maple
Fingerboard: Ebony or Birdseye maple fingerboard
Inlay: White pearloid blocks

Ebony or birdseye with white pearloid blocks looks really classy though, I mean really classy for a neck man, specially if you can get a pearloid pickguard and maybe change the body to olympic white (?).

Those are just personal recommendations, don't know your budget or prefered tone.

G'luck
- ATB
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i put a DiMarzio DP127 on my p-bass project last summer, i love those pickups to death. they got a nice bright tone and sustain for ever.
GAS List:
Nothing
Fitz, why must you tempt me.

That said, I like the sound of a nice all-maple neck (despite my Jazz's rosewood fingerboard). And dear god, whatever wood you use, put block inlays on it. I'll love you forever.

Or a custom inlay job. Some sort of design would look neat.

Also, for pups, what kind of music do you want to do with it?

PS- put a black pickguard on it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by thefitz

Break out of the norm with a fretless Precision.

The Irony.

I would go with 24 Frets, maple fingerboard.
And I would throw bridge humbucker on that thing.
Quote by Captain Insano
The Irony.

The Ebony.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
quarter pounder and rosewood fretboard
maple jazz neck
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Dam**t I was totally ready to go maple neck and fretboard, and then fitz had to show me that link. Half of me wants fretted maple with block inlays, half of me wants that fretless.....
Surely you can have your cake and eat it too... wouldn't Warmoth make you a fretless maple neck? Maybe one with a Tele headstock?

And maple fingerboards are finished anyway - you could use them rounds!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
BassAss II Bridge!
Break out of the norm... and have a musicman p bass!... fretless!
Quote by .Anfield
BassAss II Bridge!
Break out of the norm... and have a musicman p bass!... fretless!

Jazz Neck fretless, no less. I'm liking this idea.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Yeah, make a musicman/precision/fretless jazz hybrid...

I dunno how it would sound though :s