right now im playing with a Crate GX-20M. its alright for bedroom use. the overdrive sucks balls. but the clean is pretty good. i just use the clean channel with my overdrive pedal. the reverb is pretty good though i must say. i am able to get some decent tones out of this thing but i deffinatly think its time for a good tube amp.

my problem is i dont really know much about amps. and by not much i mean next to nothing. ive played some tube amps and the overdrive is obviously smoother. they make my pedal sound much better as well. on SS amps the pedal sounds a little to harsh.

so im looking for an amp in the $800 range. i play a lot of SRV and hendrix type stuff but also some eric johnson type stuff. i also play a little jazz. basically i want an amp that has a big sound and can do well clean and overdriven. i was playing some fenders today and it didnt seem like it had enough low end to them. should i maybe look into a bass amp?

the music stores in my area have fender at one end and peaveys mostly on the other. but the other store does also have marshalls and those orange amps and some others i dont remember. the store that has mostly fender also has some vox and messa amps. im not really 100% sure of what i should be looking for for my sound that i want. right now im playing a Godin freeway classic and i use big strings (12-58). and like i said i play mostly blues and rock. so im looking for suggestions on some good amps for the type of stuff i play.
Fender Hot Rod Deville or Blues Deluxe might be a good idea, and you can use your OD with it when you need to. You might also want a nice fuzz pedal.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
oh just remembered the store also had traynor and yorkville sound amps. are these any good? ill probably go try some out tomorrow.

Traynors are generally good, probably around what you want. I know nothing about yorkville.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X