Well im going off to college in a few months and im going to need to bring a smaller amp than what i currently use (crate vtx 200s) and I was just wondering what you guys think would be a good solid amp to bring with me.
price really isnt a factor here (im going to college for free )
thanks for any help!
where you headed to college. As for an amp i would look at the blackheart bh5h head with b112 cab. 300 on musiciansfriend. Since price is no option if you need something a little more in case you want to gig at all try out the new 15 watt head that blackheart has coming out in may. It's gonna be pretty sick. Also check out the vids on youtube of these amps. They're good . Heres a link for both. They think the 15 watt head with the 112h cab is gonna be around 400. Downside is no built in effects, so i hope you have some pedals.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Blackhearts_New_Amps_and_Cabs.aspx

http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh5h_bh112.html
Quote by wjhender
where you headed to college. As for an amp i would look at the blackheart bh5h head with b112 cab. 300 on musiciansfriend. Since price is no option if you need something a little more in case you want to gig at all try out the new 15 watt head that blackheart has coming out in may. It's gonna be pretty sick. Also check out the vids on youtube of these amps. They're good . Heres a link for both

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Blackhearts_New_Amps_and_Cabs.aspx

http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh5h_bh112.html

i actualy was considering the blackheart, a guy i work with bought one and let me try it and its amaaazing.
also w/ th e price deal i work for GC so i gets employee discounts

Edit: I'll be going to UMASS Dartmouth for engineering
peavey classic 30? fender tube combo? vox ac30? all of those are pretty good amps
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
dude you work guitar center. Nice man. I went to see what you were playing in your profile. Good choice on the Keilwerth st90. I have an sx90 myself and it is amazing. where you going. I'm at NC State. Sweet you're not payin for college. I am. Ha
for the dorms get a headphone amp, if you plan on gigging while at college bring your current amp with you for that.

any sort of tube amp short of one of those 1/2 watt recording amps is going to be too much for most dorms.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by wjhender
dude you work guitar center. Nice man. I went to see what you were playing in your profile. Good choice on the Keilwerth st90. I have an sx90 myself and it is amazing. where you going. I'm at NC State. Sweet you're not payin for college. I am. Ha

i love the st90 and i actually got it just by chance since my teacher 4 years ago happen to have one. I play a vandoren a20 for a mpc which is kind of a classical mpc but really gives a nice smooth mellow tone, i love it. Perfect for my jazz gigs.

like i said ill be at UMASS Dartmouth which should be a fun time

Edit: I dont work at a GC, at work at one of the branches, Music & Arts but i still get discounts at GC and musicians friend
marshal stack with knobs going to eleven.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Dude, Headphones are not the same though. I see where you're coming from though. Living with a bunch of people its hard to not piss someone off when playing, but then you miss the beauty of a kick ass amp, being heard. When people hear you playing they naturally come to see you, especially if you're good. Great conversation starter for meeting new people in college.
yeah, but getting fined for noise violations really really sucks, it doesn't sound as good, bt at least you can practice without getting yelled at.

Last.fm
you get fined for a noise violation, that sucks. As for the amp. It's up to you. Since you're not paying for college maybe you can afford all those fines. Ha ha , Just kidding.
hmm,
my marshall 15 watt has one
but it all depends, just find an amp you like and then check for a headphone jack. I don't a tube is gonna have a headphone jack though, sooo... you may not be able to go with the blackheart.
well you could just get an attenuator for your current amp that has a headphone jack. or you could use this with any other amp you may want to buy (as long as the impedance matches)

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well you could just get an attenuator for your current amp that has a headphone jack. or you could use this with any other amp you may want to buy (as long as the impedance matches)

my amps too big to bring though
I brought my old fender twin that I used to have with me so you shouldn't have a problem. (if you have a head just bring that and the attenuator)

Last.fm
just do what you want to do man. If you want the blackheart, then get the blackheart, and then worry about it next year at school. Thats my opinion. FYI, I have a 250 watt amplifier and 2 polk speakers each with a low md and high speaker in my room, and i play that thing everyday at a reasonable level and have never gotten a complaint
well the issue with tube amps is that it's hard to get them overdriven at a reasonable level.

BTW you can use an attenuator with the blackheart too if money is no object.

Last.fm
what would i be looking at w/ the attenuator money-wise and work wise?