Poll: What guitar should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: What guitar should I get?
Caparison Horus
15 45%
ESP M-II
14 42%
Other (explain)
4 12%
Voters: 33.
Yea, so I'm trying to decide between two guitars at the moment and I had some possibilities open up to me. At first I was looking at Ibanez and LTD Deluxes, but I can expand my budget by much more.
What's your amp?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
What's your amp?

Doesn't matter what amp I have since I only have time for bedroom playing while in college, but I have a few. I have a 1980 Peavey Deuce, Roland cube 30, and a blackheart 15w combo.
Quote by robsayswhat
Doesn't matter what amp I have since I only have time for bedroom playing while in college, but I have a few. I have a 1980 Peavey Deuce, Roland cube 30, and a blackheart 15w combo.

Amps always matter. Now that we know you have all tones covered, we could help more.

Hmm... I would go with Ibanez over ESP anyday if they are in the same pricerange. That is just my own viewpoint though.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Amps always matter. Now that we know you have all tones covered, we could help more.

Hmm... I would go with Ibanez over ESP anyday if they are in the same pricerange. That is just my own viewpoint though.

Yea, I was raised in the school where it's better to have a great feeling guitar that is comfortable to play and a halfway decent amp rather than a horrible guitar and amazing amp.
I could definitely use more advice. I'm speaking about quality of the guitars, not what you all think I should get.
Out of those two I'd say the Caparison. They're handmade I believe and they're Humbucker/Singlecoil config (I think this is the horus I'm on about) which to me is a lot more versatile (unless of course you have the old two singlecoils in the neck wired as a humbucker, then you can have TRUE coil splits.)

However both, quality wise are top notch. Nothing wrong.

However there are other suggestions.
In that price range you could get a high end prestige Ibanez RG or S series, though they will probably need a pickup change where the ESP and Caparison may not.

Also Jackson have some good guitars at that level if you're into that stuff.
Caparison or ESP.

Depends on the tones your looking for. I LOVE killswitch engage's guitar sound, so I'd get the caparison.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Colgate Total
ESP Eclipse with Seymour Duncans. Can't go wrong there.

I can if I already have a les paul <3.