so i come home from school everyday and sit down with my backpack next to me and every time i sit down i say to myself "i should play guitar first" and then i spend the rest of my day doing that instead of homework or whatever else i should be doing. I often am about to leave to go somewhere and start play guitar for like 5 minutes till i have to go, but I'll end up never leaving and just playing my guitar. Now my grades are suffering due to lack of homework being finished and i have gotten on the badside of a few friend because i didn't go out with them like i was supposed to. What should i do to maintain playing guitar and my social life/school?
Play guitar.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
spend more time in the pit.
that will solve all your problems.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by dRummeR94
Lock your guitar up and give the key to someone you can trust

i have no one to trust
Quote by RedMoonMan
i have no one to trust

Oh, well some how you have to restrict yourself from playing. Let me think.
Just do the homework first. I can't play guitar during the week... ( I have to look at it all the time) because of my grades.

Just do the homework, then play guitar.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Chop your arms off so you can't play guitar anymore.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Get a timer or something and when it rings put down the guitar and do whatever you're meant to do.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Do your homework first, if your like me, I work better under pressure (which would be my desire to play)

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

fap
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
make a schedule. put in when you'll do ur homework, and add in any other thigns like if u have to go somewhere at a time, write it down. then during those time frames, u do what it says. and any other time u can play guitar. it's simple, u just have to promis ur self that you will follow it, and stik with it, otherwise it won't work cuz u might cheat. and you're only cheating yourself
Dude, that's awesome that you're like that. Personally, I wish I could be like that all the time. I have some days, though.

I would say, if anything, do the homework first, then guitar. As for the friends...do whatever you want. Ha.

But for real, a lot of famous musicians would play guitar all the freaking time, and their stories sound like yours. That's awesome, dude.
Try doing all your homework and **** at school. Like when you end up with free time, or lunch and what not. Thats how I do mine, I completely forget once I get home.
i do this as well! im homeschooled, so no homework for me ()
but i play guitar constantly, nearly anytime im sitting down. even if friends/girlfriend are around, ill have a guitar in my hands.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by FreeManson15
Try doing all your homework and **** at school. Like when you end up with free time, or lunch and what not. Thats how I do mine, I completely forget once I get home.

Oh yeah, that works too. I went with that strategy for a bit. But I don't care about my grades at the moment.
Quote by RedMoonMan
so i come home from school everyday and sit down with my backpack next to me and every time i sit down i say to myself "i should play guitar first" and then i spend the rest of my day doing that instead of homework or whatever else i should be doing. I often am about to leave to go somewhere and start play guitar for like 5 minutes till i have to go, but I'll end up never leaving and just playing my guitar. Now my grades are suffering due to lack of homework being finished and i have gotten on the badside of a few friend because i didn't go out with them like i was supposed to. What should i do to maintain playing guitar and my social life/school?

1 - Buy a timer.
2 - Gain the self discipline to quit when time is up.
3 - ?????????
4 - PROFIT!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
1 - Buy a timer.
2 - Gain the self discipline to quit when time is up.
3 - ?????????
4 - PROFIT!!!

Wow.

That's about as old as Family Guy's jokes not deriving from the main plot.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I work a full time job, I barely ever get to play my guitar anymore. so I say enjoy it while you can, but in moderation, education is important, friends come and go, if they can't understand your love for music then they are truly not your friends. true friends will stick by your side and give you advice in situations like this, not get mad at you