just put new strings on my esp/ltd f-250 that are heavier gauge than my old strings and now my bridge is angled way to high, how can i fix this? this is the first time ive put strings on this guitar.
open up the back and screw the screws in more then retune and keep doin it till your in tune and your bridge is parallel to the body
the farther the screws go in the more it'll pull your bridge down so its closer to level
You will probably also need to adjust the truss rod to lower the action or avoid fret buzz.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
You will probably also need to adjust the truss rod to lower the action or avoid fret buzz.

No, the Floyd Rose Tremolo relies on spring tension VS string tension. The tension of the springs counter the tension produced by the strings (at pitch) and when the claw at the back of the guitar is tightened, more tension is produced on the springs and pulls the tremolo back to the body and also increases the string tension, which is why you slacken the strings by de-tuning them and then adjusting it until it's parallel to the body.

EDIT:Oh, my bad, sorry, I thought you meant something else. My bad.