so i accidently stripped the lockin nut on my ibanez so the allan key wont turn it. now my guitars out of tune and i cant take off the locking nut and tune it. ive tried plyers and a monkey wrench and both havnt worked!

any ideas?

thanks
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
Jeez man I would assume plyers would work.

What is that one wrench where you can click it so it closes looser? (it only has 2 options)

Whatever it is use that. It can do it all.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Well, pliers are the only solution I can come up with. Try loosening the string at the tuning peg as well, that should reduce the tension on the allen screw and maybe make it easier to loosen.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Jeez man I would assume plyers would work.

What is that one wrench where you can click it so it closes looser? (it only has 2 options)

Whatever it is use that. It can do it all.

that's a vice-grip, and it could work: just grab it and start turning it as if you were unscrewing it, that should do it, if not I'm out of ideas mate
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
the problem with everything is that they wont grip to the nut. like the plyers, no matter the amount of pressure I put on they just wont grip. ah this sucks
Quote by devilscruffs14

HAHA
^Ohh yeah that's not what I meant but yours is even better!

TS it's like a little wrench that clicks as tight as you like it and stays that way without holding it tight.

Do not grip the nut, grip the screw the allen usually fits into.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
oh vice grip = monkey wrench. soz didnt know it was called that, i always called it a monkey wrench. yeh the vice grip didnt work. just wont grip. i tried detuning it to loosen tension, didnt work either.
Quote by devilscruffs14

HAHA
YES i got it! after trying rubber bands to help grip it i got fed up. so i put the allan key in and whacked a few times with a hammer so it was in deep and suprisingly it held and undid.

thanks for all the help!
Quote by devilscruffs14

HAHA
Time to buy some new locking nut parts.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
thanks a lot.. i had the same problem and did the same thing as you did.. i also tried pliers, etc.. and yeah none of that worked.
Go to your local hardware store and get some allen screws that are "grade 8". They are much harder and less likely to strip out.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.