Hey,
For those who don't know, i'm gonna have the chance to drop 2000 USD on either another amp or another guitar.
Check out my profile for my current gear.

The amp I had in mind is a Ceriatone Overtone Special (A dumble overdrive special clone), with a nice avatar cab.
This will fit in my budget nicely.

Or... I was thinking of another guitar.
I had a tossup between some nice PRS (I've always had a want for one of these, even before I got serious in guitar), or the Eric Johnson Signature Strat.

I was thinking of going for the amp, because everyone knows that the amp effects one's tone the most. But, would one of these guitars be much better (like, playability and feel-wise)? I like my current guitar, but it'd be nice to have something with humbuckers or some strat like the EJ signature.

opinions? I think I already know the answer that you're going to say, but I was just wondering.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Amp.

A Classic 50 sounds good, but nowhere near as good as a Dumble (clone) will. Plus, you have a solid guitar.
Exactly what I thought.
I was just wondering what other people thought.
I'd probably downsize the classic 50 to a classic 30 or maybe an AC15 which I can cart around places.
Any more opinions?
Also, other recommendations on the amp would be nice!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Exactly what I thought.
I was just wondering what other people thought.
I'd probably downsize the classic 50 to a classic 30 or maybe an AC15 which I can cart around places.
Any more opinions?
Also, other recommendations on the amp would be nice!

AC15 is known to be meh.
for 2000 usd, you could probably upgrade both guitar and amp to some extent, but i would go for a bigger/better amp in this case. Maybe a marshall plexi?
Mmm i'd go the new amp. I've no idea how good the ceriatones are as i've never played one but considering the Dumble Overdrive Special is amoung the "holy grails" and the reviews ceriatones get, you should be fine.

Listening to the clips i'm thinking you like the sound of Fuzz. May i suggest an Sunface? Great pedal:-). Also if you do end up going with a guitar i suggest the PRS, its good to have one guitar with humbuckers and one with singles. There is a rather huge difference.

Another amp you may want to consider is a Two Rock. I've never played one but i've listened to clips where my uncle is playing one, fantastic warm tone. Not sure how much they sell for used though. Anywhoo, good luck!
Quote by nirvallica
Mmm i'd go the new amp. I've no idea how good the ceriatones are as i've never played one but considering the Dumble Overdrive Special is amoung the "holy grails" and the reviews ceriatones get, you should be fine.

Listening to the clips i'm thinking you like the sound of Fuzz. May i suggest an Sunface? Great pedal:-). Also if you do end up going with a guitar i suggest the PRS, its good to have one guitar with humbuckers and one with singles. There is a rather huge difference.

Another amp you may want to consider is a Two Rock. I've never played one but i've listened to clips where my uncle is playing one, fantastic warm tone. Not sure how much they sell for used though. Anywhoo, good luck!

nah, two rocks are a ripoff imo. He could just get a fender tube to get a similar tone for like half the price.
Quote by zwound
AC15 is known to be meh.
for 2000 usd, you could probably upgrade both guitar and amp to some extent, but i would go for a bigger/better amp in this case. Maybe a marshall plexi?

The Ceriatone is an american voiced amp (much like a blackface fender I have heard, but the overdrive is infinitely better. Plus, the clips speak for themselves). And I want one British voiced amp (the classic, or the AC30, or a rivera pubster), and one american voiced amp (the ceriatone).

And, i'll probably have some dough left over (if I don't feel like splurging for a 2x12 cab with celestion golds in it) for a nice fuzz and maybe some mod kits for my wah and other non-modded pedals.
The tone I would want most from my new amp is a very smooth overdrive with blackfacey cleans. That's why the Ceriatone caught my ear so much. It has this smooth, round low gain overdrive with these brilliant cleans. It also comes with it's effects loop, so I don't have to worry about modding one for it (alot of ceriatones don't come with efx loops I have heard)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the stratocaster you have is fine.

either keep it and get the amp you want, or a good humbucker guitar.
Once upon a time you dressed so fine...