Poll: Ernies or Electromatics (10-46 gauge)
Poll Options
View poll results: Ernies or Electromatics (10-46 gauge)
Go for the Regular Slinkys!
1 33%
Buy the Electromatics! They've gt the velvet touch!
2 67%
Voters: 3.
I currently use Ernie Balls (Super Slinky 9-42s on my Crate, Regular Slinky 10-46 on my hollowbody Ibanez), and I saw Gretsch's line of strings. They come in the same gauges as the Ernie Ball Regulars, and I was wondering if anyone has these strings (or remembers how their old Gretsch factory strings sounded. I'm really only looking at their 10-46s on my Ibanez).

I dig Gretsch's guitars, but which do you think I should get? The Electromatics may have the tone I'm looking for, but the Regulars are great too.

EDIT: Here's the GC page for the Electromatics:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars-Nickel-Plated-Steel-Light-Guitar-Strings-101370-i1122656.gc
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Apr 2, 2008,
I know they're cheap, I was just asking for opinion. I just restrung both guitars, so the next trip to GC will probably be three weeks tops (I strung 'em last week). So I'm getting info in that little space of time before I go buy stuff.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs