flanger
chorus
octaver
delay (with tap tempo)
harmony
looping capability (if possible)
Big Muff (would like but not important)
computer connection (USB)

should I get the main ones i want (wah, delay, harmony, USB connection, looper) in seperate pedals,
buy a multi effects or a rack (don't know much about racks)
or do something else

budget: $300 (roughly)

Also please mention pedals that you recommend for my needs

I have a Mesa/Boogie F30
An Epiphone Dot Studio Guitar

thanx in advance,
Last edited by mulefish at Apr 2, 2008,
wah: Power Wah is one of my personal favorites.
whammy: Digitech Whammy
octaver: Use Whammy
delay: Either EHX Memory Man or Line 6 DL-4
harmony: Use Whammy
looping capability:If you have the DL-4 it can substitute as a looper.

Not sure about the others.

Really you should try everything out on your own and make your own choice. thats my personal selection but your ears might like other things.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
go to the store and try out a bunch of pedals and buy the one you like, not the one a bunch of people on here recommend cus you might regret doing so.

trust your ears.
Quote by noisefarmer
go to the store and try out a bunch of pedals and buy the one you like, not the one a bunch of people on here recommend cus you might regret doing so.

trust your ears.

I'm going to, I just want to know what you guys think so I have an idea of what to play at these shops, I have to travel so time spent is valuable
the eventide delay pedal looks awesome
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

what about a Eventide Mod Factor?
Is that a good idea
anyone had any experience with it

* and a delay
maybe Eventide TimeFactor, I'll try it out
yeah ive heard good things about the timefactor but for modulations i think it would be better, easier and more convienent to have individual pedals
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by angusslashdime
yeah ive heard good things about the timefactor but for modulations i think it would be better, easier and more convienent to have individual pedals

can you tel me the price of the time factor in Australian if you know them please
awesome an aussie but sorrry man i dont know i price iv only seen them on ebay check ebay and if there isnt any i know theres a store on ebay that just sells pedals and their stuuf dosnt always seem to be listed so check that aswell

I can't give you a total review but I've heard good things about the Crybaby Wah. Itll set you back about $300 AUD but you might be able to get one for $220+?
A: Why do you want all these FX? think about which ones you will seriously use and which may be just for fun
B: you aren't really going to get much for 300. For wah, get either a vox or an area 51, and try to grab either an EHX stereo memory man, or a Line 6 DL4 for the delay. thats probably all you could get at this point...
maybe i should just get a cheap multi-effects and buy separate pedals of what i want more
such as wah, harmony, loop, delay.

but the cheap ones sound digital to me, (and have heaps of things that sound bad and i don't need/want (kind of a waste of money))

could someone tell me about a multi effects that doesn't have heaps of modeling things and sounds good with the effects i want?
Multi FX are garbage. IT is better to wait until you have the cash for all of them. What kind of music are you playin?
i play between cream, satch, dream theater, rise against, dire straits, iron maiden
just really classic rock, heavy metal-ish stuff
Than the only efx that i think you are going to want to have are wah and delay and maybe chorus.

If you're playing more metal, the best wah for that on a budget is the Ibanez Weeping Demon, but if you want to wah more classic rock stuff, a vox wah will do the classic rock stuff much better.

A good delay/looper is the Akai Headrush or the Stereo Memory man with hazari. one of those too will be great.

And just grab an EHX small clone for chorus

Those effects will do you good. Wah, Delay, Chorus. Just stick to that for now, and if you still want stuff than you can grab it later
How bad would a behringer (wince) multi-effects wreck my tone, I'd get a good wah, a looper/delay and then the behringer and if I like its effects buy some of them. Its just I can get one for around real cheap. But if it makes my stuff sound i wouldn't get it
Quote by mulefish
How bad would a behringer (wince) multi-effects wreck my tone, I'd get a good wah, a looper/delay and then the behringer and if I like its effects buy some of them. Its just I can get one for around real cheap. But if it makes my stuff sound i wouldn't get it

ive got an x v amp and it licks brown stuff, dont get it.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
I've heard really good things about the Digitech Whammy Pedal. Its a classic and it's got a heap of pitch shifting/harmonizing effects. I howerver am a fellow auzzie and I looked into this for myself. They're quite hard to get and we pay a lot more then Americans.

They cost $400+ here so expensive but very good!
Quote by hendrixftw
I've heard really good things about the Digitech Whammy Pedal. Its a classic and it's got a heap of pitch shifting/harmonizing effects. I howerver am a fellow auzzie and I looked into this for myself. They're quite hard to get and we pay a lot more then Americans.

They cost $400+ here so expensive but very good!

true but when you look at how often they are used... is it worth the price
I mean in some solos you use it but not much else

I just want a cheap multifx i think, under $50