My band is starting to get bigger gigs (around 500 people now), were doing an out door gig and so im wondering is it time to get a new amp? or just a cab? or will i need to mic up?

If so can you recomend me a new cab/amp/mic to use? i play classic rock/blues/proggressive rock, the kind of tone is jeff beck/ maybe similar to ritchie blackmore/medium distortion with quite a vintage sound.

For this kind of gig what would i need?

Forgot to add i already have a marshall DSL 2000 combo wich i can use with a new amp or cab or i can replace it completely for a new amp/cab.
budget 400 pounds MAX.
what amp do u have currently?
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
DSL401?

It'll probably be loud enough, but if it's open back you will have some problems on a totally open stage. You may wanna consider getting some kind of block for the back of it so all the sound isn't just lost.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i dunno, but i recommend being mic('ed?) up. ive played at times b4 mic'ed up n it sounds betta as u can control, balance the sound at diff. songs n all tht stuff
Quote by The_0thersid3
Im guessing 5-6 feet tall. mainly over 18 why?

Because giants have massive ears and don't need as much sound. Duh.
Quote by MrCarrot
DSL401?

It'll probably be loud enough, but if it's open back you will have some problems on a totally open stage. You may wanna consider getting some kind of block for the back of it so all the sound isn't just lost.

its a closed back, it also has a Direct out put thats supposed to sound like a mic'd up amp which i could use instead of a mic?

What about drums, would they need to be miced up as well?

Are you sure ill be fine just using the amp or should i go for micing every one up?
fender deluxe or deville man that what i use but i do mic up anyway just so the guy behind the mixing desk can do level all properly
Quote by The_0thersid3
its a closed back, it also has a Direct out put thats supposed to sound like a mic'd up amp which i could use instead of a mic?

What about drums, would they need to be miced up as well?

Are you sure ill be fine just using the amp or should i go for micing every one up?
What I would do is take everything there and also take your mics, see if it ends up being loud enough with soundchecks and if not then mic it, but I assume it'd be loud enough, I mean my 30w Laney is absolutely insane.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
So you recon if i get my drummer to buy a few drum mics and get me and my bass player to get a couple of mics and when we set up if we thinnk we need to be louder then we should go for it and mic every thing up?

The problem is this, our PA dosnt have a sub ( i think thats the name ) we only have to top bit, but we could easily buy a cheap - although most likely crap) set if nessaserry.
Quote by The_0thersid3
So you recon if i get my drummer to buy a few drum mics and get me and my bass player to get a couple of mics and when we set up if we thinnk we need to be louder then we should go for it and mic every thing up?

The problem is this, our PA dosnt have a sub ( i think thats the name ) we only have to top bit, but we could easily buy a cheap - although most likely crap) set if nessaserry.

Are you hosting the gig yourself? Why do you have to provide the PA?