Page 1 of 7
Call it curiosity, but I wanted to see what would happen if I just stopped sleeping. I went on wikipedia, and read several other articles on the subject. Apparently, if I stay up for around 3 days, your dreams will mix with reality, and when you finally do fall asleep, it's almost always a lucid dream.

The only downside is that doing so can have negative effects on your immune system. And there may have been some documented cases of people going insane.

BUT! I am going to tread fourth, and keep a small journal here. A window into my psyche, and hopefully describe what happens to you, the reader, as my world falls apart around me... FOR SCIENCE!

I'll post some updates periodically. If sh*t starts to go down, i'll post in vivid detail, but that could be awhile.

I've already stayed up all night prior to this post, about 18 hours awake so far.
Wish me luck, pit. I'll need it.

LUPDATE
it's about time for one. It's been about 21 hours, so the sh*t hasn't really hit the fan yet, but i'm definitely noticing an effect. The best way to describe this is... You know when you're really horny, and all you can think about is sex, like there's a little pervert in your mind constantly reminding you about it? It's sort of like that, but with sleep.

Also, i've tried to minimize blinking. It seems like whenever I close my eyes, there's a magnificent feeling accompanied by difficulty opening them again.

Visual wise, i'm noticing a VERY small difference, if ANY. Like a slight blur.

GG... OUT!
Last edited by GeneralGrim at Apr 2, 2008,
I bet you last an hour

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
haha good luck!
the longest i've ever stayed awake was like 30 hours and after that i felt pretty f*cked up. I'd hate to be you
(truly motivational i know)
Sleep deprivation eventually causes death you know...

EDIT: You will sleep though. The brain goes into microsleep, where it grabs seconds of sleep at a time and you don't even realise it.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Last edited by About 2 Snap at Apr 2, 2008,
Ive done this. i saw a bunch of snakes crawling all over me after the 3rd day and then i fainted/fell asleep whatever.

It was fun and scary as hell at the same time
Quote by treflip
Been done before....

So has breathing air, using electricity and smoking weed.
Don't ruin the mans fun
Quote by About 2 Snap
Sleep deprivation eventually causes death you know...

Know what else eventually causes death? Living.

^ Truth.
Quote by GeneralGrim
Call it curiosity, but I wanted to see what would happen if I just stopped sleeping. I went on wikipedia, and read several other articles on the subject. Apparently, if I stay up for around 3 days, your dreams will mix with reality, and when you finally do fall asleep, it's almost always a lucid dream.

The only downside is that doing so can have negative effects on your immune system. And there may have been some documented cases of people going insane.

BUT! I am going to tread fourth, and keep a small journal here. A window into my psyche, and hopefully describe what happens to you, the reader, as my world falls apart around me... FOR SCIENCE!

I'll post some updates periodically. If sh*t starts to go down, i'll post in vivid detail, but that could be awhile.

I've already stayed up all night prior to this post, about 18 hours awake so far.
Wish me luck, pit. I'll need it.

Excellent. You do the hard work and we get the lucid dreaming
Hurp De Durp
Quote by Retro Rocker
So has breathing air, using electricity and smoking weed.
Don't ruin the mans fun

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
good luck witht that ****, thats all i look forward to is sleeping. lol
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
You'll need coffee.

Lots of coffee.

And a yo-yo.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by samlocke14
Red Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude some guy over here had a heart attack or something after OD'ing on red bull...
Quote by 666hamish666
haha good luck!
the longest i've ever stayed awake was like 30 hours and after that i felt pretty f*cked up. I'd hate to be you
(truly motivational i know)
I got to 36 once and then forced myself to go to bed. But what was weird is that provided I was keeping myself busy, once I got past about the 30 hour mark, I just didn't feel tired anymore
Last edited by suthy16 at Apr 2, 2008,
Quote by Ovenman
You'll need coffee.

Lots of coffee.

And a yo-yo.

cola is better unless its strong coffee....
because its a hot drink it warms your body up and makes your feel sleepy ... well most the time...
where as cola is fizzy and contains caffine, you can get a better effect ...
Quote by lexieangel
because its a hot drink it warms your body up and makes your feel sleepy ... well most the time...

The come down from any of the drinks will become pretty extreme as you will need to drink more and more to stay awake.

Here read this

http://www.totse.com/en/fringe/fringe_science/effectsofsleep173704.html

It's pretty interesting.
Quote by lexieangel

You had to go and spoil my fun, didn't you?
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
good luck to you man!!
i stayed awake for about three days once & it really f*cked up my mind, i started seeing people that wernt there in the corner of my eye & turned around to look at them & they wernt there!
& a few cables on the floor looked like a formation of spiders!!
so then i thought "screw this!!" & went to sleep
but good luck mate!
yea, actually after about 24 hours its the same as being legaly drunk.

ive done it, and it does feel weird. not like being drunk or high, but definitely different then being sober and well rested. my skin felt so strange. like my sense of feeling was the same that you would experience in a dream. i spent the whole day rubbing my face and spacing out. other times i havent had the same effects though, so i think it differs.

that said, i dont think you will last more than 48 hours, and this is from a vetran. the really hard thing is just finding reasons to be awake, theres not much to do at 4:34 in the morning(the time right now).

anyway, good luck.
Quote by About 2 Snap
EDIT: You will sleep though. The brain goes into microsleep, where it grabs seconds of sleep at a time and you don't even realise it.
this is true. but you do notice it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
sports drinks are the way to go man, i remember i had like just 1 litre of sports drink and i couldnt sleep that night. ended up with like 26 hours without sleep. good thing it was in the weekend..
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by lexieangel
oh i feel bad now

Then my plan is completed MUAHAHAHA!
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
my sleep pattern is pretty weird.

i've tried to stay up for as long as i can possibly go but i only manage about 40 hours.

honestly dude see once you've been awake for like 40 hours just give up on your test and go to bed.

it's the best feeling in the world, infact i wish i could do it right now lol.
Dude, I like just went through this.

Like several days ago I went 2 and half days or so.

I started seeing sh*t out of the corner of my eye, this constant feeling of being watched, irritability.....I started rambling on and on about bizzarre crap.
I could barely stand up....almost crawled up the stairs haha.
Quote by totenkopf
Dude, I like just went through this.

Like several days ago I went 2 and half days or so.

I started seeing sh*t out of the corner of my eye, this constant feeling of being watched, irritability.....I started rambling on and on about bizzarre crap.
I could barely stand up....almost crawled up the stairs haha.

Been there my friend.

once my mind starts playing tricks i usually sit for literally 2 hours staring into the room where i think i'm being watched.

i dont move sometimes i even talk to the person i thinks watching me rofl.
I highly advise you against doing this. Sleep deprivation is a bad, bad idea. Extremely unhealthy, both physically and mentally.

Eventually, you may start to hallucinate. My high school philosophy teacher told me about an experience he had. He said, "Never again."

Another friend of mine tried it too. He recommends against it.

Seriously, drugs are a much healthier alternative.
Quote by Archaon
I highly advise you against doing this. Sleep deprivation is a bad, bad idea. Extremely unhealthy, both physically and mentally.

Eventually, you may start to hallucinate. My high school philosophy teacher told me about an experience he had. He said, "Never again."

Another friend of mine tried it too. He recommends against it.

Seriously, drugs are a much healthier alternative.

what was the teachers experience ?