primus are absolutely **** with nearly all their songs having the exact same rif whole way through.
i appreciate hes talented for his slapping and singing but that dosnt make him a good bassist
just good coordination
i disagree
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Yeah Claypool may or may not be over-rated but with a name like yours you are hardly in a place to make such a statement. With that name I think you are the most overrated, you call yourself a legend, how many platinum records do you have? How's your fan base in New Zealand?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I disagree also, I enjoy their style of music. I hope this gets closed like the Flea thread...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
so you've listend to Primus?

OK, check out Flying Frog Brigade

or Bucket of Bernie Brains

or Oysterhead

all different styles to his work with Primus

also check out the Tommy the Cat bass solo from the live version that's on Suck on This

or watch some live clips, he's all over the place in terms of movement, full of energy, but still ripping out these bass lines, just watch how his fingers move

so no, he's not overated, just highly rated
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
You are a moron, yes he might not be as tech as the "virtuosos" but he has to be one of the most original bassists ever. You cannot deny that. Go listen to Fall Out Boy on your Ipod.
He isn't a terrible bassist, and not neccesarilly over-rated, but he just doesn't quite tickle my pickle.