Thinking of uppgrading my gear, and im going to spend max 550 euros on a amp

Only play rock songs, from sweet home alabama to metallica, and something i want is to be able to get a nice sum41 , green day and that kind of tone. And a nice clean.

atm i have a cube30x now and a ibanez rgr321ex. And the cube sounds a bit digital and to "dark".

Will use it in an apartment so i dont need a 100watt amp. :p Or atleast one who sound great on lower volumes also.

and amp suggestions?

( 550 euros = 860 us dollar )
Last edited by Jaekae at Apr 2, 2008,
i got a vox ad15vt about 6 months ago. the clean amp settings are great, the effects are fun to play with and you can get a lot of sounds out of it. so far i have got a great B.B. king sound, along with a little SRV, AC/DC, Guns N roses, Metallica, and several nirvana sounds. i just cant seem to get a Korn sound out of it. theres a web site dedicated to settings for it, www.valvetronix.net. its worth a look. i got mine for $250 u.s.
Small tube amp like the Laney LC15 would be good, and an overdrive pedal for the heavier stuff....All this would be well within your budget....
champion 600 or any 5w tube amp will do

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the voicing. refer to the laney thread for that

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well do you guys think a laney lc15r with a boss sd1 or ds1 would be perfect for me? :d
Maybe an Ibanez TS9 or similar would be better than both of those.
That Laney looks good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Go for am Overdrive rather than a distortion pedal...

Bad monkey if good if you are on a tight budget...