I want to get my neck scalloped but i dont want to have the problem people have with chords. I still want really good control over my lead riffs though. Should I get a half scallop or a full scallop on the neck? Are scalloped necks good for legato? Tapping? Sweep picking?
Yngwie has his whole fretboard deeply scalloped and uses .08s to boot. On his guitar, you'd have to watch out the gravity pushing down on your finger isn't making the note go sharp. Personally, I like huge frets so it's not even necessary to scallop. But I'd say they're good for anything, except maybe barre chords (altough I manage just fine with those).
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
On his guitar, you'd have to watch out the gravity pushing down on your finger isn't making the note go sharp.

Err, only if you're Jeff Healey (wait, you aren't, because he's dead, but y'know...)
For most people it's not a good idea to scallop any lower than the 13th fret. For others they can handle scalloping all the way down. It all depends on how you play. I don't suppose trying it out ahead of time is an option is it? Maybe find a crap neck on ebay that you can make fit your guitar just to try it out?
Not taking any online orders.
Does nebody know nething about the guy from ebay scalloping bolt on necks on ebay for like 50 USD? Smooth grooves i think is what its called.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Err, only if you're Jeff Healey (wait, you aren't, because he's dead, but y'know...)

Too Soon.
Hello