I have a Washburn OS acoustic electric and I really like it but when I plug it into an amp or something and play I can barely hear my high E string compared to the others. I figure it may be just a bad placing of the pickups inside but I have no clue how to move them or even if I can move them
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.
Thats the worst metal amp I've ever used...

lol
I'd try changing strings first, and if that didn't work then idk:/
I wouldn't mess with the pickups myspace, cuz i'd be afraid I'd make it worse, take it to a guitar shop and ask or something if that's the problem.
There's a screw at the top & bottom of your pickup, at the side of your high E string, adjust the screw and try again. If this doesn't work I don't really know anything else, you could take it to your nearest guitar shop.

I think it's loosening the screw you need to do, I've not done it for a while, you need to be bringing your pickup closer to the strings.

Edit: Sorry, I thought this was electric guitar. On an acoustic there are different types of pickups you can get, so personally I'd take it to a guitar shop.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Last edited by jaffawoman at Apr 2, 2008,
Arg alright. If it turns out that it doesn't help I will probably just get a new acoustic (yay "which acoustic under $300" thread)
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
Quote by jaffawoman
There's a screw at the top & bottom of your pickup, at the side of your high E string, adjust the screw and try again. If this doesn't work I don't really know anything else, you could take it to your nearest guitar shop.

I think it's loosening the screw you need to do, I've not done it for a while, you need to be bringing your pickup closer to the strings.

Not on an acoustic guitar.

TS, is that an Oscar Schmidt Washburn? Like their budget line?

Electronics on cheaper guitars tend to be shady at best. I'm not even sure which type of pickup it has, so there isn't really a whole lot to say there. Likely, though, whatever is wrong isn't worth fixing. When you're spending less then about $400 on a guitar, its usually better to buy a regular acoustic and add aftermarket electronics. You tend to have better luck that way.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Haha yes it is.
http://www.elevation-music.com/osscogfltopa.html
Mine just doesn't have the pickguard.

When I bought this I was very anxious to get an acoustic/electric and saw this thing for $190 so I just rushed in head first. That was before I was a part of Ultimate Guitar. However I like it. It has a concert body too.
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
Then keep the guitar and just don't worry about the electric part of it. If you need an electric buy a cheap electric
Quote by roamingbard13
Not on an acoustic guitar.

TS, is that an Oscar Schmidt Washburn? Like their budget line?

Electronics on cheaper guitars tend to be shady at best. I'm not even sure which type of pickup it has, so there isn't really a whole lot to say there. Likely, though, whatever is wrong isn't worth fixing. When you're spending less then about $400 on a guitar, its usually better to buy a regular acoustic and add aftermarket electronics. You tend to have better luck that way.

Very true.

The pickup on your guitar should be an undersaddle transducer. It's possible the peizo strip under your saddle is broken and not picking up all that it should. It's just as likely that there is a bubble in your saddle causing uneven pressure over the pickup. If it's just a bubble in your saddle then a new saddle would fix it. Even if it doesn't fix it, getting a bone saddle will help your guitar sound better.
Not taking any online orders.