hi,

does someone knows how to get a sound like muse?

and then especially songs like Supermassive Black Hole, Stockholm Syndrom, New Born etc.

(i also have a Boss-GT8, so if someone knows something with that, would be great)
but anything else is good too, just wanna know how to get that sound.

(no, i'm not english)
I'd start with some fuzz, not sure about after that, but there are a few more effects on certain songs.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by STEALmyDOG
you'll definately need a guitar

dude if you don't wanna help me then just Shut The F*ck Up
Quote by Sid McCall
I'd start with some fuzz, not sure about after that, but there are a few more effects on certain songs.

yes some fuzz sounds already close, tnx
Phaser and Whammy are pretty much essential
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Delay and Fuzz - specifically a Fuzz Factory ( I think, I'm no Muse fan)
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
http://www.musewiki.org/Gear

Everything's there. Basically, zVex fuzz factory should do the job for distorted sounds, Digitech Whammy, MXR Phase 90, some kind of synthesizer for more trippy stuff. Guitar with humbuckers (Bellamy uses custom guitars, just use one with two humbuckers and you'll be fine).

Oh, and a tube amp with good clean sound, his distortion is all fuzz anyway.
IMO there isn't a 'muse' sound, most songs sound different tone-wise.

For an overall dry version of it, humbuckers with alot of fuzz, the fuzz factory can replicate Matt Bellamy-esque sounds really well (oscillation etc).

But for his wierd spacey sounds etc he has a kaoss pad and a shed-lod of effects.
You could maybe play around with combining Auto Riff and some sort of synth effect on your GT-8 to get some of the cool really fast synthy stuff like in Take a Bow and Bliss.

You might get more answers at the www.bossgtcentral.com forums, they have a forum specifically for the GT-8. You should check them out.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa