Ok, long story short been having troubles with NOISE with my amps so I got a Pro Rack G from the states. I decided I didn't want to risk it by buying a converter for the adapter I got with it, so I bought a new 9v adapter that would fit the socket here (I live in Europe).

SO, I get home, I plug it in, the light that indicates power turns on then quickly turns off. The Rack won't work now. The Pro Rack takes 9v AC 900 mA, I bought a 9v 1000mA, the dude in the store said it's no problem it will work and that the volt is the important part for not frying the rack, and that it would take as many mA as it needs. SO, the question is, what the hell do I do now? Could it be a fuse in the rack that is dead? And if so why would it die if I didn't overload it (as far as I can understand)?

Anyone?
Did you contact ISP and ask them yet?
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I tried to find an email at ISP for these kind of questions but I didn't find one. Thought I'd ask here before sending them an email.
http://www.isptechnologies.com/ispcontactpage.htm

Quote by Rocu
I tried to find an email at ISP for these kind of questions but I didn't find one. Thought I'd ask here before sending them an email.

I've never understood why people post their gear problems on public access forums before contacting the manufacturer. It seems to me that they'd know more about it.
Sent them an email now.

On topic: Any ideas?

Kendall: I'm pretty sure the reply will be "We don't know what adapter you used it ****ed the rack up blabla. That's why.
The specs on ISP's site says it takes 385mA @ 9VAC. The mA shouldn't matter as long as the adapter can supply as much as the device wants, the AC versus DC is important however.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Just checked the adapter, and it was DC.
So I guess it's the salesmans fault since I took the rack with me to the store and showed it to him that he gave me the wrong device?

What do you think could be wrong with it Erock503 since it was a DC adapter? Fuse? Dead Rack?

Cheers
Let's just hope it was the fuse. Don't know for sure, but I guess it could have just fried the whole thing.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
no idea man, hopefully just a fuse, that or it might still work with a correct AC adapter. I would take it back and see what they can do for you, he should have known better, it says 9VAC right over the input jack.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yea ur right, I just got a reply from ISP and they seem like helpfull guys. They basicly said what you said Erock503 so thanks for the help. Gonna see what happens!
Not to beat a dead horse... but to reinforce what Erock has already said...

You have to match the voltage. If it says 9V, get a 9V. But, current can be anything, as long as the adapter is at a higher rating than the device (ie, if the item needs 500mA; you can supply it with 1A, 3A, 550mA, etc).

Also... if it says DC, and you put in an AC.... BAD! If it wants DC, give DC; if it wants AC, give AC. There is a fundamental electrical difference between AC and DC signals.

So yeah... you likely bust the fuse. (might have done worse if the amperage was much higher, etc; but I doubt it).

...Done beating dead horse now...
Thanks for your input Cyberalien, it's too late to buy adapter or fuse here at the moment so I am not gonna sleep well tonight :P
I got a converter and voila, we have Pro Rack!
The problem was DC in AC, and it didn't even kill the fuse so it's working now.
Thanks for the help guys. Let this be a lesson to everyone, ALWAYS CHECK IF IT'S AC OR DC (I had no idea before this)

I'm still trying to figure out a way to get the salesman in the store to suffer though!
Good to hear it works
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I vote to change the thread title to "Salesman problem (Electrically related)".